What is a 72 cuda 340 worth?

-

mopar410

Reaction score
Just currious as to what a 340 matching numbers auto cuda not original paint color and needs new top and quarters and maybe a few small detail spots.Sorry new pics but assume everything else is good quality.

Ok heres a scale
5-10 k
10-15k
15k or highr

Needs quarters and a roof?

And it's a 72 auto?

I wouldn't pay more than 8k, numbers matching 340 or not. And that's the top end. If you know it needs a roof and quarters already, it's going to need a lot more than that.

I could see paying more if it was a 4 speed, but unless it's got some other options that's where I'd be.

Just currious as to what a 340 matching numbers auto cuda not original paint color and needs new top and quarters and maybe a few small detail spots.Sorry new pics but assume everything else is good quality.

Thats easy, what its worth is what someone else is willing to pay.

Go over to FEBO and check out the for sale adds there. Should give you a ruff idea.
I checked them out but they were in alot better shape or alot worst shape.Susposedly all the pans are good,truck extensios good and front metal good.looks like it sat under a short car port and the rear got alot more weather than the front.

What are your goals for this car? Is this a project car for you, or do you want something to drive? Is the numbers matching thing important to you?

Just buying the roof and quarter panel skins will set you back around $1,000. Then you'll need to install them or have them installed. At which point you'll need paint. So, even if nothing else is wrong with it, this is a project car.

If its been sitting under a carport that long, I'm guessing you'll have to go through everything. Fuel system, brakes, suspension at the minimum. That's if nothing is wrong with the engine.

So, if you're looking for a numbers matching 340 project car to sink $10k into after you buy it, you're good. If you want something to drive in the near future, I'd look for something else.

And either way, I still don't think I'd pay more than $8-$10k for it, even if it runs. It's going to be a project car with that much work to do.

For reference, I paid $11k for the nice shiny '72 Challenger in my signature. That was 3 years ago. True, its a non numbers 318 car. But I drove it home, and have put 30k miles on it since then, its actually my only running car. And now the Maaco paint job is falling off (pic is old), and I still have a hole in my driver's floorboard. Knowing what I know now, I probably paid too much for it.

-
Back