what $$ is a complete 8 3/4 worth?

-

jdsduster

Reaction score
a body,drum to drum,newer dr.diff nodular 489 8 3/4 with 391 newer power lock ,newer green bearings,newer yukon axels.i know shipping is a killer,newer pads.also.what could i expect to get for it?? that would make some one a good deal?

I looked for one for a long time and gave up trying to find an 8&3/4 posi at a reasonable price. I opted to narrow a truck Dana 60 instead and install new Moser axles. My cost for narrowing the Dana 60 with 4.10 Spicer posi unit and disc brakes was about $1300. Most drum brake 8&3/4s (usually 3.23s) I'd seen were priced between $1200 and $1500. I think a price between $500 and $800 would have been something I'd have quickly bitten on.

I just bought a complete 8 3/4 drum to drum lief springs springs still attached out of a 70 duster 741 3:23 cone sure grip for $200. Living in one of the poorest states in the US helps. Not an every day deal.

I just bought a complete 8 3/4 drum to drum lief springs springs still attached out of a 70 duster 741 3:23 cone sure grip for $200. Still some good deals out there if you look around. Living in one of the poorest states in the US helps.

Good deal? - Heck, that's an AMAZING deal. - Wish I could have been so lucky. Between the local swap meets, Mopar buddies, and searches online, - I didn't find any close to that price.

i just bought a complete 8 3/4 drum to drum lief springs springs still attached out of a 70 duster 741 3:23 cone sure grip for $200. Still some good deals out there if you look around. Living in one of the poorest states in the us helps.

was that deal made at gun point?

Wow! I paid twice that for a "completely rebuilt" 489 case 323 cone Sure Grip from a member here, and the thing was JUNK when I got it home. Asshole acknowledged that he fucked me, then proceeded to blow me off for over a year now. POS scumbag.

You got a REAL good deal there.

George

Not many mopar swap meets up here. Rear was adversised in a local buy sell trade book called Uncle Henrys. I called 1 st thing and told them I was on my way. Nothing fancy, stock small bolt axles, undesirable cone posi, small drum rear. Needs upgrading for some serious power. I would think w the upgrades on your rear, it would be worth at least $1200

Not many mopar swap meets up here. Rear was adversised in a local buy sell trade book called Uncle Henrys. I called 1 st thing and told them I was on my way. Nothing fancy, stock small bolt axles, undesirable cone posi, small drum rear. Needs upgrading for some serious power. I would think w the upgrades on your rear, it would be worth at least $1200

I agree withswinger340 on value but I'm sure it'd sell quicker at $500-$800. - And of course a heck of a lot quicker at$20. lol

figure in parts it worth

6-700 for the gears
200 for the housing
175 axles
100 brakes

to the right guy who wants it all together i don't think 1200 is unreasonable...for what ever reason though, this is the rear that everyone wants and nobody wants to pay anything for as an assembly. i have never had any luck selling complete rears.

I paid $250.00 for a bare housing.

To the OP...that's a $1000 rear all day, and worth $1200-1500 if you're willing to wait for a buyer! You have all the upgrades already in place that most people are looking for! JMO of course, but a pretty educated opinion!! Geof

Posted before.

$250 for the housing.
3.23 489 case sure grip already had -0-
Built a extra 4.30 489 case up $900 this is what it will cost to build any center, if you do not have one.
Dr. Diffs axles $330.
Brakes, about $150

So you are about $750 if you have a set of gears.
and about $1650 if you do not.

Next time I will spend my money on a Dana 60

-
Back