What is a "Hurst 340"? Craigslist ad...

-
That rear is messed up in soooo many ways it's hard to count them! Looks like it has truck shock mounts, is it possibly out of a Dakota?

Still, if it has a good 340 block and the engine bay and interior aren't hacked up, with good sheet metal, it has to have some value.

The car is in Wisconsin, but plates say Texas. So who knows?

I'd assume the shock plates are moved to get the traction bars to fit, and maybe it helps get the *** end higher? :D

You all need to get off the owner's 'sack. It's got hp plugs in it.

Actually, Oldsmobile and Dodge/Plymouth collaborated in the early- mid 70's. The result was the incredibly rare vehicle you see here. And it is a steal at $6500. Almost as rare and my 72 Nova 340
:glasses7:

Thats just it... he put all this time and effort into this "custom" rear end, but keeps the 8 1/4? Not that theirs anything wrong with that, but??

I noticed that too, "hp plugs". What is that?

Thats just it... he put all this time and effort into this "custom" rear end, but keeps the 8 1/4? Not that theirs anything wrong with that, but??

I noticed that too, "hp plugs". What is that?
the HP plugs were unique to the Hurst built 340's and were standard equipment. they have adjustable heat ranges.

If the HP plugs are unique to the Hurst 340, wouldn't that make these plugs 37 years old? :-k

dayuuuum that thing is UGLY!!!!! Reminds me of a 318 car(340 wannabe) a guy had here on my side of town back in the early 80's that the owner thought was the cats meow.

That rear is messed up in soooo many ways it's hard to count them! Looks like it has truck shock mounts, is it possibly out of a Dakota?

you are right it is a 2wd dakota rear...8 3/8" i have one waitin fo my dart...yea he shulda chopped the truck shockmounts off but there shout lil axles. and someone musta want the car cuz it aint on clist now

I found this on Craigslist. I actually checked it out. Its a solid car, but someone was beating the snot out of it, there was rubber everywhere, even on the hood! Someone did a lot of work to it, but it still has a 8 1/4" rear end (NOT a Sure Grip either).

I kind of liked it in that High School kind of way, but there was something (or a lot about it) that was weird.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/3477130375.html

Hope nobody takes offense, but in the Northeast we call this
'Southern Garbage'.

Reminds me of the time a gentleman from North Carolina tried to
pawn off a 1968 440 Cuda 'convertible' as an original factory
built car at Carlisle.

He had the paperwork too, but he left it home........:violent1:

That rear end is out of a Dakota those are the stock shock mount locations for a Dakota/durango. Then the hacked a couple shock mount plates onto the top of the housing.

Honestly, if the metals good, interior is good, engine and trans is good I'd give the guy like 6500, and then when I would see the rear end it'd drop to 3k LOL
I mean for christ's sake could he have at least fixed the shock plates so that they were level??

-
Back