What is everyone using for bucket seats?

-

69dodgedart360

Reaction score
I am looking to change my front seats in my 69 Dart and would like the original buckets with headrests but I do not have the money for those plus they are pretty hard to find. I have seen the seats from summit and the procars as well as Corbeau. What are you using? Any suggestions for comfort? This is my daily driver and where I live a lot of people have the universal black ones from summit and want to switch it up to be a little more unique. Any good suggestions?
Thanks

I'm installing 2006 Caddy CTS buckets in my 69 Dart. Super comfy. Not a typical choice as they don't fold, but they have so much forward and aft adjustment there's enough of room getting in the back. Nice to have built in seat belts.

I put a set of power leather buckets out of a 09 accura TL type S in my duster, they were side impact airbag and heated seats but i eliminated all that and just ran the power options. came out great. involved a little fab work making mounting brackets but wasnt to bad. I got a good deal on them from a guy that worked on the line and had a mini stock pile of factory defect seats and if they had even the slightest defect they were rejected and sent back for recycling and he managed to grab a few. sold me the set for $80 I think it was a couple years ago.

also, I think a member here is selling a set of procar seats. abodyjoe I believe. you might want to check and see if he still has them for sale!.

beforeandafterinterior.jpg

Chrysler Sebring Convertible seats with the seat belt towers and headrests are a good fit and comfortable. Bought a set to install in my Black 66 Barracuda since it is not an all original car.

Like Ohio I am using CTS seats but in the rear. In front Im using some generic race seats I got from a member here.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo524.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 262
  • Photo463.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 253
Those are some awesome ideas for seats and those Cadillac seats look comfortable! lol Hey 2-66 Cudas, what year chrysler Sebring did you use? Did you have to make your own brackets? Anyone else want to chime in with their seat choice? Has anyone bought the corbeau bucket seat tracks and used them for a different seat? Anyone using the Corbeau seats with their tracks?

2000 sebring vert seats. For me they sat too high so I cut down and reinforced the tracks, then I cut the humps out of the floor near the rockers and reinforced the floor with 1/8x3" plate top and bottom. Thats nessessary because the belts are an integral part of the seat as opposed to fastening to a reinforced area of the floor (factory style.
Wiring wasn't too difficult, just be sure to get the pre-2000 seats, anything after that is control through the airbag system.

http://www.corvairkid.com/sebring.htm

Attachments

• may26,2012 024_1.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 225
  • floor 007_1.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 213
  • floor 006_1.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 216
-
Back