What is factory color on alt bracket and PS bracket 73 Dart 318

-

Lasalle

Reaction score
What is the factory finish on the alternator brackets and the power steering pump brackets? Are they black or natural steel? Thanks

Semi-gloss black. All the ones I have ever seen, anyways.
I agree the brackets including the ac brackets and intake mount from the compressor were simi - black, but I believe the bolts heads and spacers were unpainted. I painted these items on my cars for cosmetic reasons. The brackets were painted before installation, but the other hardware were added upon install.

Thank you for your responses. What about the engine mounts? These are the separate bracket with the cylinder containing the rubber.

Power steering brackets were painted with the pump. In the 60's some alternator brackets were painted but a lot of them were finished in a black oxide or parkerizing process. By the mid 70's it seems all of it was painted.

Thank you for your responses. What about the engine mounts? These are the separate bracket with the cylinder containing the rubber.

Black, with natural hardware.
2018-05-06_017.jpg

Alan

Not sure on those, but a good guess would be no, like other under car items as motor to transmission brackets, linkages and brake components.

-
Back