What is it?

-

Duster_71

Reaction score
Hello all,
I know this is a stab in the dark! I'm working on a 74 Duster that was a /6 car. I There was a funny looking bracket/strap mounted on the inner fender below the master cylinder. I lost the thing during my current project and trying to determine what it was for and if I should worry about replacing it. It looked like it could have been for the battery cable going to the starter, just don't know.
v/r
Ron

Does this help, on my 71 Demon. If it's one of these they are welded to fire wall.

IMG_0657.JPG

Hello all,
I know this is a stab in the dark! I'm working on a 74 Duster that was a /6 car. I There was a funny looking bracket/strap mounted on the inner fender below the master cylinder. I lost the thing during my current project and trying to determine what it was for and if I should worry about replacing it. It looked like it could have been for the battery cable going to the starter, just don't know.
v/r
Ron

Sounds kinda like you are talking about what is in this discussion. Inner fender below master. Look at this link it may shed some light!

Can anyone tell me what this is?

Found it, here is a pic, does anyone know what it is and where i can get another one if it is needed?

0414172150.jpg

In the picture in post #4 the firewall bracket just to the right of the lower column bolt is for the starter cable from the battery. The bracket you have in your hand mounted to the inner fender?

In the picture in post #4 the firewall bracket just to the right of the lower column bolt is for the starter cable from the battery. The bracket you have in your hand mounted to the inner fender?
yes it mounted on the inner fender in the area below the washer bottle and master cylinder. I assume it is for the starter cables. The car was a slant6 car not sure if the v8's had them.

Almost looks like a B-Body bracket! Never have seen one like that on an A-Body on the driver side inner fender.

Do you have a pic of the mount location on the inner fender?

Almost looks like a B-Body bracket! Never have seen one like that on an A-Body on the driver side inner fender.

Do you have a pic of the mount location on the inner fender?
Sorry, forgot to post this location, here it is.

0415172042a.jpg

Well, I'm a little surprised that no one on here has chimed with the identity unknown culprit. This is a first.

My 74 had that also kind of by the master brake lines it is for the starter cables, If you want to reuse it just clean it up and plastic dip it, doubt you will find one.

-
Back