What is my dart worth?

-

moparsons

Reaction score
Thinking of selling my 69 more door 273 auto....I'm just not sure where to price it. It's in great shape...solid...runs good. I know there's not much love for a 4 door, but honestly what would you guys think it's worth.... dart1.jpg

dart2.jpg

dart1.jpg

dart2.jpg

It's worth whatever someone is willing to give you for it and the lowest you'd be willing to let it go.

If you want a dollar amount, many people base it on the NADA classic car amounts. Even insurance agencies do that. Just go to NADA and put in all the information, like engine/tranny combo, factory accessories, etc. Doesn't look too bad for a 4-door though.

I did check the value on one of those...can't remember if it was kbb or nada.....it said like $5400 and the insurance company said agreed value of 5200.....I think I'd be laughed at asking that though...I was actually really surprised a 4 door booked that high.

Not sure what it's worth, but most likely someone will buy it as a daily driver, so getting all the little things working like choke, gauges, tuned up, seat belts, ect ect.. working will add to the final price.

Thinking of selling my 69 more door 273 auto....I'm just not sure where to price it. It's in great shape...solid...runs good. I know there's not much love for a 4 door, but honestly what would you guys think it's worth....View attachment 141544

View attachment 141545

I've paid approx $2200.00 for all 3 of my 4 door Darts in the last 3 years. The 4th I bartered for.
All 4, 4doors, they all were daily drivers. All were around 35K to 55K miles, 2 were V-8, 2 were slantys. All 4 were leaking at both windshields and had to have repairs made & interiors redone.

NADA (MAR.10 - APR.2010) Classics, your 69;

$2925 Low
$4850 Average
$6350 High (Minty showroom nothing needed to improve)

Add 10% to your price for V-8
Add 10% more if 4 speed

Good Luck! It still boils down to what the market will bear. Right now prices are high end with low quality. Don't know why, I think it's due to people putting whatever junk they have available to "FISH" for other peoples tax return money!
Post it high, then "LISTEN" to the buyers who do show up. Let them make offers and tell them you'll get back to them. Pick the highest bidder and let her fly away!!8)

Thanks...good advice. I'm thinking maybe list at 3 and maybe drop to 25?

If it were me selling it I wouldn't take less than $2500. And I wouldn't be so sure it won't get much love because it is a four-door, it is a sharp looking car and there are people out there who appreciate the 'extra' doors.

Just so happens my dream A-body is a '69 Dart Custom 4-door.. too bad I'm flat broke.. Assuming the interior is more or less intact, I'd say 3500 would be a fair price.

Good Luck! It still boils down to what the market will bear. Right now prices are high end with low quality.

I'd disagree, cars in my area are going dirt cheap. I picked my 1971 Scamp up in Oct. 09 with 50k original, never restored for $4500. That's about $2300 under high retail and it is about 80% perfect, interior is about 94% perfect.

Then, two weeks ago, I picked up a real decent 1975 trans am with a 400 sbc that books for $9800 low, $22,000 avg, and $34,000 high for $4000.

I do agree with you that people try to overexaggerate the worth of their vehicles in order to get a higher price.

Thanks...good advice. I'm thinking maybe list at 3 and maybe drop to 25?

If you end up not being able to sell at 25, PM me!!! Depending on your location, I might be able to adopt in a few weeks! Love your hood and wheels!!8)

Haven't really advertised hard core or anything. Just 1 craigslist ad. Not a "have to sell" thing right now. Just throwin it out there...and it won't hurt my feelings if I gotta cruise it this summer 8)

I'm in WV by the way.

I got the wheel from a member here....gave me a hell of a deal...but I had to drive 6 hours to get em. (luckily my father in law lives pretty close to the guy, so it made for a worth while trip for me and the wife)

-
Back