What is odd about this bike?

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
This is one of my projects that I did just for the fun of it.
Here's a hint (Honda had not done it yet)

Attachments

• 200.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 263
I'll tell ya.
I'm actually surprised no one caught it yet.
Honda never made a four stroke CR, as CR's were all 2 strokes, then later they came out with the CRF four stroke bikes.
My Brother and I pulled the 2 stroke, rebuilt the frame from a double down tube to a single and built the skid plate section under the motor to mount the 200cc four stroke motor.
The races up here at one of the local tracks were dominated by the Honda XR200 but they didn't have the frame lightness or the suspension travel of the CR125.
I designed the frame mods and built all the motor mounts, and when we were done there was the clearance of one thickness of a matchbook between the motor and upper frame under the gas tank.
The bike was originally water cooled so it had radiators and hoses that were not needed for the air cooled four stroke, so all that was removed.

After it was all done it would walk all over the XR200 in tight rough terrain, but we never raced it in one of the races.

About 2 years after that Honda came out with the CRF four stroke bikes.
They had the light CR frame and suspension, four stroke motors, and now dominate the field in dirtbike racing.

I wish you left this one out there a bit a bit longer...I only just came across it.
I knew what it was as soon as I saw it.
Nice job on it!
When I was a kid my father had an absolute disdain of two strokes, so I had to have four stroke bikes.
I still remember when Kawasaki came out with my fantasy bike at the time,the first KLX250...KX125 chassis with KL?250 engine stuffed in it.
Of course, his dislike of smokers did lead to my 40HP early XL350...
(I'm still pretty confident that thing was easily as fast as my current 450KTM)
So, not all bad

I wish you left this one out there a bit a bit longer...I only just came across it.
I knew what it was as soon as I saw it.
Nice job on it!
When I was a kid my father had an absolute disdain of two strokes, so I had to have four stroke bikes.
I still remember when Kawasaki came out with my fantasy bike at the time,the first KLX250...KX125 chassis with KL?250 engine stuffed in it.
Of course, his dislike of smokers did lead to my 40HP early XL350...
(I'm still pretty confident that thing was easily as fast as my current 450KTM)
So, not all bad

I had mostly Yamaha and Suzuki two strokes growing up.
When I went for my first street bike I test drove a Suzuki GT750 3 cylinder 2 stroke, Holy Cow that thing was fast.
Ended up getting a Honda 350 twin and put thousands of miles on that bike and then traded it for a 56 Chevy gasser with a straight axle, 350 4 speed.
I have a Honda XR500R single cyl big bore torque monster now, and this bike will do 80 in the desert all day.
I built it to be as tough as the Arizona desert
Air cooled 4 valve, newer style nitrogen monoshock in the back and disc brakes up front (It needed them) along with shock and fork covers.
My username "TrailBeast" is a name that stuck after one of my riding buddies started calling it that when his KTM 300 couldn't hang with me in the rocky trails. (it was him cause I know those are damn fast bikes)
It was the constant off balance of the rocks that he couldn't deal with.

i couldn't tell you that was a honda if you didn't say lol.

Not much of a bike person eh Ed? :D

I did that same thing several years ago! It made an awesome mountain bike. XR200 in a CR125 with some White Bros motor mods. I think the guy I sold it to still rides it. I actually wish I had it back.......

Not much of a bike person eh Ed? :D

what he said Trail! i can make them run as it has an engine and i can do the body work on them, thats about it though lol... got my friends CB550 up and running along with painting his tank (going for the cafe racer look), also doing tins for a harley currently.

I knew it had 2 wheels.

right! and it has an engine!

Attachments

• 0523131412.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 173
I went through two XR200's and moved up to a Kawasaki KDX200, both are great bikes.

Well Im a bit late to this thread but my guess on something small was going to be your shirt. LOL Sorry I was way off!

-
Back