What is the Combustion chamber of this heads?

-

DusterMex

Reaction score
Hi,

I like to know what is the CC Combustion chamber of this heads?, this head is for SB 360, I like to calculation compression Ratio.

Thanks

Being the valves are different size than stock you will need to cc the head to get an accurate reading.

An easy way to CC heads is to get a piece of plexiglass that will cover the combustion chamber. Drill a small hole at the top edge of plexiglass and combustion chamber. Take a thin layer of grease and put in around the chamber and put the plexiglass on....you might need to secure it with some tape. Then a a syringe with CC increments on it and fill it with some type of cooking oil and start filling the chamber up......keep track of the CC's of fluid you put in and you'll know the chamber size close enough for your calculations......I always do a couple of chambers and get an average.

340mopar said:
Being the valves are different size than stock you will need to cc the head to get an accurate reading.

Head cc varies even between the same casting number and same year. Also, since you have aftermarket valves, with a flat surface face, it wil lower your cc number over stock valves. Like 340mopar says, you're best off getting at least one chamber per head cc'd. Remember you also have to know your piston cc, height at TDC and compressed head gasket thickness to calculate your mechanical compression ratio.

-
Back