What is the next guy gonna say?

-
The buyer of my 65 Comet got the build photo album, the title and all the receipts for every thing I ever bought for the car. He loves the car and road trips it and uses it for his daily driver.
I will never sell my Barracuda but the estate will get all the things the Comet buyer got.

50 years from now they will just 3d print whatever they need and bluetooth the power where ever they want. And btw there will be a mod to fly.

My daughter will have my car and do what she wants with the one we build for her. Obviously stick, so mom can’t drive... maybe someday I’ll build a 4dr 68 340fi valiant for her. However, I’m sure to be divorced by then...

If my car makes it 50 years with out hitting the wall then someone else can figure out all my BS...

My kids will get mine I guess if they sell them whoever buys it will probably just part it out cause no one wants a post 72 swinger lol if its not a dart sport or duster noone wants them. I see so many darts 73-75 in really good drivable fixable shape being parted out and crushed on Facebook. Makes me sad. I saw a 4door dart on FB the other day I swear it was from down the road from me it's in Florida now getting parted out. The guy here drove it every day. It only has 77k miles on it and its almost perfect shape i tried to buy it but we couldn't work out a deal and he ended up selling it. I'm 99% sure its the same car. Such a shame its getting parted out.

Guess I take pity on the next guy: I might actually *be* the next guy.

Like using never seize on suspension and steering parts. Getting the originals out: here comes the torch, big tools, etc, etc, getting my *** kicked over what should be a simple job because rust is the ultimate enemy. Comes back a few years later and -bam! - everything goes nice and smooth because I put it together the right way the last time.

Too damned anal retentive and too proud of my work, I guess, to hack ****.

Customer wiring harness? Built some from the ground up. I love that fact I can go to a junkyard and pull a factory harness to use, wiring with tracers on the insulation, so when I start making a new harness for whatever I can label the diagram as red wire with white tracer goes to ________

I'm just anal enough that if I wire a brake controller in on a pick up that all the wires coming from the cab or wiring harness to the trailer pigtail, the same color wires will be used from one end to the other.

That way if I have issues with it I'm not trying to figure out which wire controls the brakes. I know it's the blue one from front to back.

-
Back