What is the solenoid under my glove box

-

mopar_rob2001

Green Machine
Reaction score
Trying to track down an electrical issue with my blinkers, and found a solenoid under my glove box housing, the cardboard like insert, that has a about 4 wires one of which tracks to just behind my instrument cluster and is disconnected. Anyone know what that solenoid is?

Trying to track down an electrical issue with my blinkers, and found a solenoid under my glove box housing, the cardboard like insert, that has a about 4 wires one of which tracks to just behind my instrument cluster and is disconnected. Anyone know what that solenoid is?

What year and what make/model?

we need...................piccherrs

Cupboard-white-pitchers-HTOURS1005-de.jpg

In my 70 Dart it is the door buzzer. I attached the wires. Now I know why the former owner disconnected it.

In my 70 Dart it is the door buzzer. I attached the wires. Now I know why the former owner disconnected it.

Been a long time since I've heard one, but I remember how irridamntating they were!! Didn't take long my 70RR buzzer got "lost", along with the clutch switch and the 4 speed reverse lock

I may be wrong about this but the term "solenoid" usually refers to a big ole relay used in high current applications such as starter motors. It usually moves a giant chunk of metal to complete the switch. A relay on the other hand is used in applications where there is less current to switch so I think what you have a good old fashioned buzzer relay.

Hazard warning flasher ??

Also feeds thru the turn signal switch so if you have a problem with your turn signals, you might go this route.

If it is see through plastic and about the size of a flash light battery I beleave it is the turn signal relay. Mine is pretty noisey I have had it out and you can hear it as the blinkers work.

-
Back