What Is This Car?

-

RogerRamRod

The Older I Get, The Faster I Was
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My wife was out and sent me this picture. I thought Ford, but the roofline threw me, didn’t seem angular enough then maybe Olds, but the chop of the fender at the headlights made me think Pontiac.
She said its at a Ford dealer

IMG_1759.jpeg

1967 Galaxie 500 and if it had a 428 engine in it, it was a screamer for it's time.

Thanks, I like it. Other than Mustangs, Trucks, and the occasional Fairlane, I don’t see many Fords.

1967 Galaxie 500 and if it had a 428 engine in it, it was a screamer for it's time.
Yup! My uncle (dad's brother) had a '67 Galaxie 500 when I was a kid. I don't know what engine it had, but it was faster than anything I would experience for a l-o-n-g damn time.

(Edit. Looking at photos online, Uncle Vic may have had a '68 G-5.)

Didn't 'Steve McGarrett' drive the Mercury version in the pilot season of 'Hawaii Five-0'???

The front end of those 67 galaxies is not bad lookin either-

1708432022374.png

I had a 67 Fairlane GT-A when I was a kid. Had a 390 in it which had "GT" heads that were closer to a 427 medium riser head. Biggest option in 67 was the 427 FE.

One of only a handful of rides with true over/under headlamps, early Rivieras, LeMans/GTOs, the others that pop up in My head 1st...

Check the junk yard or gay bar parking lots. Fords as far as the eye can see!
I have been a Mopar guy all my many years, but I have always admired the design and all of most all brands. BUT....They all have flaws. I love learning new this too. So I have ever so often ventured into the odd world of Mopar F body and RoadToad BUT I have also ventured off into builds of Fords and AMC/ I have owned some GM just never built any! I say keep the old car hobby strong. Build and drive what you want and appologize to no one!

That's when you back off and get one of these.
View attachment 1716209739
In '90 or '91 I owned a '68 Fairlane convertible...for about a week. The top leaked like a sieve, and thus the floors and rockers were all but "gone". Gave it to a friend of mine who said he was going to restore it....

I think it sat in his garage for about 3 years before he got tired of looking at it and had it hauled away.

I have been a Mopar guy all my many years, but I have always admired the design and all of most all brands. BUT....They all have flaws. I love learning new this too. So I have ever so often ventured into the odd world of Mopar F body and RoadToad BUT I have also ventured off into builds of Fords and AMC/ I have owned some GM just never built any! I say keep the old car hobby strong. Build and drive what you want and appologize to no one!
I knew dudes who “experimented” in college, I’m just not one of them.

-
Back