What is this floor shift bracket?

-

RDJ

Reaction score
I thought I had everything I needed to convert from a column shift to floor shift, but I found this pic on this site (sorry, I can't remember whose pic it was, but thanks, I think it was in the "for sale" section).

Anyway, see the circled bracket in the pic. What is this, where does it go, and do I need it?

My car is a 67 Barracuda, installing a 408 (almost done), and I have a 727 ready to bolt in. I've installed the console brackets, but haven't installed the center console yet (just test fitted) until I put in the carpet.

My console is a 66 or 67 with the chrome shifter knob

ConsoleShifterThing.JPG

that bolts to the transmission, near the tail housing. You will see the two holes there. Then the linkage from the shifter threw the floor goes into the plastic bushing

that bolts to the transmission, near the tail housing. You will see the two holes there. Then the linkage from the shifter threw the floor goes into the plastic bushing
Rpm is correct......just make sure you installed a transmission out of a car and not a truck...the truck doesn't have that casting on the bottom of trans...ask me how I know:-D...If you did use a truck trans on accident pm me i have the Ghetto cure to fix it.....

Rpm is correct......just make sure you installed a transmission out of a car and not a truck...the truck doesn't have that casting on the bottom of trans...ask me how I know:-D...If you did use a truck trans on accident pm me i have the Ghetto cure to fix it.....

The trans I have came out of a truck. PM sent. Thanks

-
Back