What is this harness for?

-

KENTON

Reaction score
FD1C840B-CB4F-4DE7-B014-C62DBB3828B8.jpeg
I think it came out of a 75 dart. I see the same orange plug on my 74 Duster.

The contraption on the top right (with grey plug connection) is the fuel pacer option that was available starting in 1975. It uses engine vacuum (and lights up the drivers side top fender turn signal) when you’ve got a heavy right foot.

I think the seatbelt interlock was only for 1974 and, due to the nightmare it was, they scrapped it in 1975. Perhaps a few early build 1975 cars have it though.

However, my 1975 does have that other contraption in the photo but it’s not a seatbelt interlock. It’s been a while since I played around with it so I’d be guessing at what it is now. It’s mounted just in front of the electronic ignition box on the drivers fender.

Don't think the seatbelt interlock would be a separate harness. At least on my '74 it's part of the main harness and the wires going to the starter relay are yellow, don't see any yellow wires on this one.

The relay box doesn't look right for the seatbelt interlock either. Mine stands up more off the inner fender. But if it was, it should have a red cylinder sticking out of it with a button in the middle that can be pushed with a pen or something. That would be on the back of the relay, so it could be there since we can't see that side in this picture.

I'd bet H22A4's first guess is correct for the whole thing. It's everything that is needed for the fuel miser option.

-
Back