What is this steering wheel?

-
Let's see if this helps...you need a horn switch it's the black ring on the center of the wheel, its held on with the same screws that hold the horn mounting ring on. They have spacers on them so you have movement for the horn function. The center turns in to lock on.

The bottom horn button with the Plymouth logo is another center I have, for illustration only.

barracuda trim 004.jpg

barracuda trim 009.jpg

barracuda trim 010.jpg

barracuda trim 011.jpg

barracuda trim 012.jpg

Now, it's starting to make sense. In your first picture, the metal ring was turned upside down. The back of the vinyl pad has those tabs that hook underneath the tabs on the metal ring. Take a look at my close-up pic on page one of this thread and you can see the horn switch we have. It seems to have an integral metal fixture to hold a different style of pad (looks just like the stock one on my son's '74 Dart).

It does have the three mounting screws, so I might could modify this horn switch by removing the raised metal fixture. However, I would really like to avoid that if possible and get the correct switch. Anyone have an extra lying around?

Back to the Plymouth emblem...
It appears to be embedded in an acrylic disk. Does it just simply press-fit into the hole in the horn pad? Anyone have an extra lying around?

Thanks, guys, we're making progress.

Took a minute to fool around and the chrome ring comes out along with the acrylic disc and you can add a logo. Even a small decal would work.
Yours has a different horn switch on it. You'll have to remove the switch so we can see the wheel hub. You may need my horn switch also.

barracuda trim 013.jpg

barracuda trim 014.jpg

-
Back