Status
Not open for further replies.

Don K. Preston

OkieHog
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Sold my 69 cuda, and looking now at a 70 Duster, but not too sure of value. I have found a 70 Duster with 318. Bucket seats, console, ps, get this, pdb, originally A/C car! Little car is pretty much rust free, and straight with a dent or two here and there. Originally red with white interior, and all glass is good.
Car does not run at the moment. I am unsure what to offer the guy, but he started at $3K and said to make an offer.
Car is definitely a project, but is a pretty unusually loaded out little car.
Help in determing the value would be appreciated!

Well I paid $5000 for mine 70/340 and its been a project!!! But I'd buy another . I'm thinking its worth,without pics to see, $1500.-$2500. depending.

My son and I recently bought a '73 Duster with 318, bucket seats, auto console, VERY NICE interior, and disk brakes for $800. Granted, it does have a few rust issues and a couple of sheet metal boo-boos.

Without pics and better info, I would say $1200 - $2000.

Jerry

Man I wish good project cars in that kind of shape and at those prices were available in this of the world. So much salt used on the roads that these old cars discinegrated years ago! Sounds like a good deal offer 1800 or 2 grand and see where it takes you.

if you want it.give him the 3k or some one else will.
if you can beat him down to 2500. thats even better.
explain to him how or country is in a crisis.
just through some b.s at him.
and oh ya. when you get there. pull cash out of your pocket.
that helps a little.
good luck

id say between $2,000 $3,000, pending on what it needs to get it running.

last summer i offered a guy $4,000 for a running/ stopping 70 318 Duster, bbp wheels, dual exhaust, manual disc brakes, manual steering, 8 3/4 rear with 3:91 sure grip. interior was trashed, one spot of rust the size of a quarter in the driver side lower quarter and he turned my offer down. I was not happy lets just say that casue i drove 2 hrs to see the car and decides he doesnt want to sell lol. that car was perfect for me all it needed to do was switch my mint black interior in and throw on my 4brl intake and carb.

Well I just traded a motor and trans for a 73 Dart Sport 318/auto, moon roof car, fold down rear seat, bucket car, console car, ralley rings, with centers and trim rings, non sg 8/25 rear disc brake car. motor has not been started several years.-----and if I sell it, it will be priced at $4000. will need lower quarters (they all do) and lower fender patch (most do) otherwise the car is in good shape. So I guess to answer you question..... if he is starting at $3000 -- here would be my sugestion since it work on me when I sold a Demon last year. Show up with $3000 cash in your pockets. Putt $2000 in one pocket and pull it out and say hey I will offer you $2K in cash right now, if he balks at it.... then say well how about $2200, say you got $200 more in the truck for gas money home. Worse case if he comes back counter and ask if there is a MAC machine nearby...... TRUST me if you pull out CASH....everyone bends a little. I know I did!!

Guys, thanks for the input. I just offered the guy $1750.00, but he turned it down flat. Says he has $2500.00 hard cash in the car. But, I am still thinking that $2K will buy the car. He also says he has a 440 with auto that he will sell with the car for $550.00 if I want it.
Incidentally, this car has virtually no rust! Just a really dry body! Floors, trunk, etc. are super!
My problem right now is my wife's health, though, (upcoming surgery), so I am not sure I am gonna be able to do anything.
Hmmm???

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back