What is this tool thread? Take a guess. Stump the Toolman!

-
No idea but you got it!
20230322_223713.jpg

Oil filter wrench. Could also be a pipe wrench, used inside the pipe.
mine has straight legs and no knurls on it, but it has to be one of my favorite tools

it is ridiculous how tight some people put their oil filters

mine has straight legs and no knurls on it, but it has to be one of my favorite tools

it is ridiculous how tight some people put their oil filters
Been in the biz for 30 years. Have had my share.
Shop across the road,with a customer that alternated for oil changes. The motorcraft filter was always a battle as their lube tech would crank em on, knowing full well who was taking it off. Mentioned it to customer, all he said was payback’s a *****. So i wrenched the filter on. Aparrently they tried to charge extra for a stuck filter. Customer knew the deal and refused to pay. :lol:
Never had a problem after that.

Been in the biz for 30 years. Have had my share.
Shop across the road,with a customer that alternated for oil changes. The motorcraft filter was always a battle as their lube tech would crank em on, knowing full well who was taking it off. Mentioned it to customer, all he said was payback’s a *****. So i wrenched the filter on. Aparrently they tried to charge extra for a stuck filter. Customer knew the deal and refused to pay. :lol:
Never had a problem after that.
Thats funny
I always figured that the reason they ate cranked on is because people are worries it will vibrate off and you kill the engine

Never considered that people might just be jerks

But it is nice to hear they are trainable jerks

Nicht & Nyet!! Hint, was used on cars & trucks, mostly '30's-'50's.

Thats funny
I always figured that the reason they ate cranked on is because people are worries it will vibrate off and you kill the engine

Never considered that people might just be jerks

But it is nice to hear they are trainable jerks
I've worked with plenty that viewed tightening oil drain plugs & filters as a test of their manhood........

Ahhh the old adjustable tie rod end tool. You know, the slot in the end, pull cotter pin and turn in the slotted adjuster

Ahhh the old adjustable tie rod end tool. You know, the slot in the end, pull cotter pin and turn in the slotted adjuster
Ding!Ding!Ding! Drag-link & tie-rod tool, I aquired with My Home, the Gentleman & His Brother restored Model-A's.

For the Younger of You out there that may have never seen;
images.jpeg-1.jpg

images.jpeg.jpg

-
Back