What is this tool thread? Take a guess. Stump the Toolman!

-
I think it was a good tool in the right hand but used to salvage brake drums that should have gone in the scrap heap.

We always measured them back then to be within limits. Now I bet there are a ton of thin ones running around on our cars.

I am lucky I have a friend that has a Aamco drum/disk lath that he got at a auction and I showed him how to use it so I can use it any time needed. Its in his business so 6 days a week access. just used it a week ago actually.
This is a serious deal
Ammco brake lathe

Seriously on that one. Hey what is this?
1667824336101.png

Also down this rabbit hole. Most people think new drums are square. They usually need a light turning. Just did 2 NOS 9" drums for my Cuda, they were both way out from bad storae.

No idea. I am sure they can be adjusted. They are around still on flea bay under 100

I've been looking for a brake lathe for a few years.

10 years ago they were $250.

The last few I've seen have been around $2000.

I did find a local radiator/brake shop that will turn drums as far as they will go and stay in spec for $10 or less if you drop off a bunch.

Not perfect but it helps, and is better than nothing.

I use the heck out of them doing distributors!
I bet. Those little screws don't belong down below the breaker plate. I have a few in my ignition drawer anong with feeler gauges and the like. I used to have a bunch of those little grease capsules but I have used them all up throughout the years.

Ever need some let me know Mike I dont use them I have tubes of point lube I have found.

-
Back