What is this tool thread? Take a guess. Stump the Toolman!

-
s-l1600.jpg

I've been following this thread for a while now. At least 50% of the tools posted I've found in my grandpa's garage (he was a Chrysler mechanic in the '50s - '60s). I'm down to just a handful of unknowns so I thought I'd register and post. Pretty much everything in the picture is unknown, except the green checkmarks.

A: has no markings and looks handmade from mild steel but is actually hardened/heat-treated so I'm assuming it's a real tool. Reminds me of a trim tool except it's beefy enough to split a ball joint.

B: stamped "A.C.Co. 2379" with a shield logo (like Vlchek).

C. drum brake tool?

D. says "R. L. Day" and "Pat. applied for" but after hours of searching the gov database I never could find the patent. Reminds me of spark plug boot puller.

E. These are stamped "NAPA" and nothing else.

F. Looks like a brake pad spreader but it's too small/weak for that.

mystery_tools.jpg

I've been following this thread for a while now. At least 50% of the tools posted I've found in my grandpa's garage (he was a Chrysler mechanic in the '50s - '60s). I'm down to just a handful of unknowns so I thought I'd register and post. Pretty much everything in the picture is unknown, except the green checkmarks.

A: has no markings and looks handmade from mild steel but is actually hardened/heat-treated so I'm assuming it's a real tool. Reminds me of a trim tool except it's beefy enough to split a ball joint.

B: stamped "A.C.Co. 2379" with a shield logo (like Vlchek).

C. drum brake tool?

D. says "R. L. Day" and "Pat. applied for" but after hours of searching the gov database I never could find the patent. Reminds me of spark plug boot puller.

E. These are stamped "NAPA" and nothing else.

F. Looks like a brake pad spreader but it's too small/weak for that.

View attachment 1716025557
The checkmarks are a freeze plug driver. (on the car). F is a idle speed adjuster for carburetors. D looks like a E clip tool.
E looks like a AC line disconnect tool for the later model "quick-tatch" connectors. .
A could be a door panel clip tool.

F is idle speed adjuster...D looks like E clip...E looks like AC line disconnect...A could be door panel clip.

Wow, that was quick! Here's another angle- note the rotary wear pattern on the left side of the Vixen, also the similar pattern on the right side of the "R. L. Day Los Angeles" tool beneath it. I thought it looked like the Day tool was being used to loosen/tighten something threaded. I guess I'll have to start researching e-clip tools.

IMG_9554.JPG

-
Back