What is this??

-

70DartMike

Too many projects
Reaction score
anyone ever seen this before? i was looking for pictures of wheels on darts and this image came up

1967_Dodge%20Daroo_II.jpg

I came across that pic once on the net surfing with my son for car pics. Its cool, I thought it looked like something Mr Batmobile, George Barris had something to do with. Some kind of crazy custom Dart!!

That is a mid 60's dart based concept car. If I remembercorrectly, it's either the "Daroo" or the "DarooII".

oh i just answered my own question. its a concept car, a Dodge Daroo. here are a few more

chrysler thunderbolt
1941_Chrysler_Thunderbolt.jpg

dodge zeder
1953_Bertone_Dodge_Zeder_Z-250.jpg

1958 plymouth cabana
1958_Plymouth_Cabana.jpg

58 Chrysler Imperial d'Elegance
1958_Chrysler_Imperial_d'Elegance.jpg

60 Plymouth XNR
1960_Plymouth_XNR.jpg

61 Chrysler Turboflite
1961_Chrysler_Turboflite.jpg

61 Dodge FliteWing
1961_Dodge_Flite_Wing.jpg

63 Chrysler Turbine car
1963_Chrysler_Turbine.jpg

65 Charger
1965_Dodge_Charger.jpg

65 Plymouth VIP
1965_Plymouth_VIP.jpg

68 Dodge Charger III
1968_Dodge_Charger_III.jpg

69 Chrysler 70X
1969_Chrysler_Concept_70X.jpg

69 Plymouth Duster
1969_Plymouth_Duster.jpg

oh now that i read back he did, sorry 70dart340. i walked away from the computer and came back an hour later and posted my response haha

Didn't mean to give ya a shoot there Mike, just teazin ya!! Some pretty wild stuff....not to sure about the '69Duster,looks like a Roadrunner front end with Aussie head lights.

I tell ya, that `58 Plymouth Cabana has a LOT of later model Mercury and Oldsmobile in the nose!

Stealing Ma Mopar's ideas.... those Bastards! 8)

If memory serves me correct, I believe it was the same designer. He left Chrysler and went to Ford.... and stole our ideas. Bastard!

Gosh these pics take me back..........My old man used to tinker with customs........did some crazy stuff back then............I LOVE that Charger with the tilt up roof & windshield............

Can you guys imagine what that Daroo would be worth today if you could hunt the remains down and do a quality resto?

kinda looks like the 64 Dodge Charger concept if youve ever seen it. has the viper rt 10 sorta cross bar. has the lip on the *** like a 69 Charger and has the 69 Dart body with a 83 Dodge Rampage grill lookin thing. pretty dang sweet. id buy it. make it a 340 6 pack. id like mine plum crazy please. white bumble bee stripe and 4 speed please. thank you.

-
Back