What is this?

-

Cazbah362

Reaction score
I am working on cleaning out me engine bay and wiring, but but not sure what this is. It is on the passenger side of a /6 1971 Demon non AC car. Number on the side is 3438481.

Thanks for the help

IMG_0155.JPG

CA. Emissions. Pollution crap. Not sure what or how it works. Dont toss it in the trash. Might be somebody out there that needs it for a perfect resto.

Thank you sir - Yes, I will be removing it an the wiring then.
- If anyone see's this thread and needs this, contact me directly and I can send this to you for a resonable price - mailman usually gets the most.

That was my first thought too but with a mopar number not sure. Where does the wire harness go to?

Blue goes to the left side of the ballast, brown goes to a barrel type connector and black is a ground

I think it's a flux capacitor! Do you have a digital date readout on your dash?

Sorry... I had to. Time for me to put the beer down and get off the internet. :)

In the 71 barracuda wiring diagram (I know it's not a demon) there is a 3 wire vacuum switch for a cruise control but the wire Colors are different.
Blue and black are power and ground so brown must be control of the relay. Where does the brown go after the barrel connector?

Also does barrel connector look OE?

Does it go thru the cowl sheetmetal. When you remove it, is there a hole on the other side where it might reference ambient air. If so, its a factory installed california pollution device. My buddy and i dismembered a 70 scamp w slanty it had some weird **** on it. It was a california car.

-
Back