What' it worth 1969 Mr Norm's 340 4 speed dart

-
did Norm sell an a-body with a Paxton on it? got a buddy that claims to know where one is that is still in the hands of the original owner, waiting to be restored. Sent me pictures of it years ago, but they are gone. I think the guy even has NOS quarters for both sides.

W for the first letter in a Dart Vin? I've had a few and they all started with an L... I'm pretty sure a W is for a Coronet. Something else might be going on here.

well I got more pictures last night and needless to say there will need to be some paint work done on the car sooooo I'm gonna pass on this one. There is also something fishy going on with the seller one minute is was in indoor storage and now he says it sat outside for 30 years soo no dice.

Being your going to pass on it would you mind posting the latest pictures you just took? Please!

did Norm sell an a-body with a Paxton on it? got a buddy that claims to know where one is that is still in the hands of the original owner, waiting to be restored. Sent me pictures of it years ago, but they are gone. I think the guy even has NOS quarters for both sides.

yes, some of the Demon 340's got Paxton superchargers and there's even one 73 Dart Sport 340 about 45min from my house that was bought new with one of the Norm's/Paston superchargers, original owner car if I remember right. This guy you speak of should really just donate the car to me though as nobody really wants them lil A-bodies lol

My dad has two real Mr. Norm's cars, a lime 70 challenger R/T 383 4spd and a white 67 coronet 440 R/T auto, Does anyone know or heard what all the "dyno-tune" included? We asked Mr. Norm about a year ago and he really didn't give us much info, he was very vague about the whole process.

W for the first letter in a Dart Vin? I've had a few and they all started with an L... I'm pretty sure a W is for a Coronet. Something else might be going on here.
that was for the Superbee from danmc77, to see if it was sold from GS

OK, just clarifying a few things. If a muscle car was sold NEW at Mr. Norm's Grand Spaulding Dodge, it was dyno tuned before delivery. The new owner was also enrolled in the Mr. Norm's Sport club. Given that fact, every car was given a little special treatment and would have been more likely to have been delivered NEW with aftermarket tachs, wheels, or any performance upgrades possible that were typical day 2 upgrades anywhere else, even though it may not have been called a GSS.
There were no additional fender tags to denote these changes from the dealer.
I am not sure if there were even enough available options on a 69 Dart to warrant it having more than one. If it has three, let us know what is on them. Is the car a Swinger 340 or a GTS 340?
I've seen more than a few Norm 71 demons that were bare bones no holes in the sport hood just added on scoops, three speeds instead of 4 or autos, bench seats , not to sure they GAVE cars tachs, wheels, ect. if you didn't pay extra for it. also the every car dyno tune thing is debatable. would i like a Norms car sure, if i had to pick between two demons i would pick the one with more FACTORY options than one Norm my have put on.

I never said Grand Spaulding Dodge GAVE anything to a car. I said they were more likely to have been installed and sold new with aftermarket parts and wheels, etc. Often these upgrades or custom parts were rolled into the financing. It was like they had another list of options from aftermarket companies that they were willing to install and sell with the car from new. My GSS has had the Autometer tach that is strapped to the column installed when it was new from GSD in addition to the listed GSS upgrades. I think people miss the point. Not very many dealerships were interested in catering to customers that wanted aftermarket performance parts but GSD did. The scoops with no holes is just an example of the fact that they would do customizing to the customers taste. GSD also put on rock shows/dances in the dealership and other special events catering to their young customers. I have never heard of another dealership that has done this.
I have seen a stripped down GSS 71 Demon, flat hood, bench seat, column shift car with the Tri-Power installed. I actually prefer my cars with fewer options and wish I could find this car.
As for asking Mr. Norm specifics on anything, he was a car salesman, not a mechanic. He also has mixed feelings on the old dealership so some of what he does know, hes not willing to talk about and most of what people do ask relates to something he had nothing to do with such as the racing and mechanical aspects.

Norm did a fleet order for some station wagons for the Chicago Transit Authority, so, not all cars he sold were perfomance cars.

Pretty sure he would not have dynotuned that batch either. ;-)

My neighbor has a Polara with GSD paperwork installing a 440. When I asked him about it at the Mopar Nats a couple years ago he said they did make some Pit cars that way. Not sure it makes the car worth any more but it does seem they did some conversions other than performance.

Norm did a fleet order for some station wagons for the Chicago Transit Authority, so, not all cars he sold were perfomance cars.

Pretty sure he would not have dynotuned that batch either. ;-)

I agree, GSD was the largest volume dealer for years in the 70's. They got there selling fleet vehicle, and trucks/vans after the muscle cars were dead.

-
Back