WHAT IVE BEEN UP TO

-

WAYNE0

Reaction score
Still doing body and paint. So far ive been busy. Hope it stays that way. I havent done an A body in a while. Hint Hint lol I did find the general lee 1/16 scale model that ive been looking for. I had one when i was a kid. In fact i bought 2. One of them might be up for sale.

70 CHALLENGER FG HOOD  HOOD PINS 001.JPG

DAVE SHEETS LEMANS PAINTED 004.JPG

1 16 SCALE G LEE CHARGER 001.JPG

Last edited:
It a 1968 mopar color LL1 dark turquoise He wants the T/A stripes on it also.

It a 1968 mopar color LL1 dark turquoise He wants the T/A stripes on it also.
My Road Runner was LL1. It's still my favorite Mopar color. I think Plymouth called it Surf Turquoise in '68. I love how the color would change in different lighting.
If I wouldn't have to change out my entire green interior, I'd paint my Barracuda that color.

You do nice work Wayne! How about some more pics of the Challenger! Is it base/clear or single stage? If it's base/clear, how many coats of base did the LL1 need to cover? I'm leaning hard towards painting my 65 Barracuda Turquoise is why the 20 questions....lol.

You do nice work Wayne! How about some more pics of the Challenger! Is it base/clear or single stage? If it's base/clear, how many coats of base did the LL1 need to cover? I'm leaning hard towards painting my 65 Barracuda Turquoise is why the 20 questions....lol.

Base/ clear. I started with 2 coats of white base because the car was brown. 3 coats of turquoise and 1 drop coat. I you ever sprayed silver it sprays like that. Its not that easy. 4 coats of clear

ERIKS  70 CHALLENGER 008.JPG

ERIKS  70 CHALLENGER 009.JPG

CHALLENGER CONV CLEARED 1 24 24 001.JPG

CHALLENGER CONV CLEARED 1 24 24 008.JPG

CHALLENGER CONV CLEARED 1 24 24 005.JPG

CHALLENGER CONV CLEARED 1 24 24 011.JPG

CHALLENGER CONV CLEARED 1 24 24 017.JPG

CHALLENGER CONV CLEARED 1 24 24 018.JPG

70 CHALLENGER NEW PICS  1 28 24 008.JPG

70 CHALLENGER NEW PICS  1 28 24 004.JPG

Thanks Wayne. Never done silver, but I've heard you need extra coats and a drop coat if it's metallic. I'm stripping the Barracuda to the metal and starting over. If I do go with Turquois, I'll get a quart of white sealer.

:thumbsup:

Thanks Wayne. Never done silver, but I've heard you need extra coats and a drop coat if it's metallic. I'm stripping the Barracuda to the metal and starting over. If I do go with Turquois, I'll get a quart of white sealer.

:thumbsup:
Any bare metal should be sprayed with epoxy primer. Epoxy primer can be used as a sealer when reduced. I never used any type of sealers. A good friend of mine who teaches at a tech school told me that they are teaching not to use sealers. When it comes to any body work i use an high build primer & use that as my sealer.

I use SPI epoxy primer over any bare metal and do any filler work over the top of the epoxy. Not once, have I removed old filler that was put over bare metal and not found rust underneath it.

-
Back