What kind of hood springs do you use for your fiberglass hood?

-

giggy

Reaction score
Just got a fiberglass bolt on 6 pack hood and was wondering what you use for springs?

I recall someone mentioning using Daytona/Laser light springs but wasn't sure what to use.

Any information at all would be cool.

Thanks!

When I was doing research at AARQUALITYFIBERGLASS.com prior to making my purchase, they told me that they know a guy in FL that makes them.
I'm not sure if you can buy through them.

I bought front/rear bumpers and the snorkle scoop.

Stu

I don't use any springs......I was told not to by the manufactuer. I just made up my own prop rod.

I was looking at malibu or monte carlos ss hood springs
made for glass hoods they look simular but have to measure one to see if they will fit
mike

Longgone said:
Contact our fellow member Atomicdog. He sells them for around 40 bucks a pair and they work beautifully!

I bought a set from him also.

AdamR said:
I bought a set from him also.

Thanks man! I am on it..

I love the reply BBLM23...This the direction I think I am going to go. But I am thinking of starting with a treated 2x4 (seen some in my neighbors backyard!)

giggy said:
Thanks man! I am on it..

I love the reply BBLM23...This the direction I think I am going to go. But I am thinking of starting with a treated 2x4 (seen some in my neighbors backyard!)
I actually bought a set of those light springs, but I haven't taken the fenders off lately...

I was at a friends house last Saturday and was checking out his glass hood. He is using the Laser/Daytona springs on his AAR Duster hood. They work perfect. :thumblef:

-
Back