What kind of insurance coverage does everyone have?

-
I have Hagerty, but I'm about to tell them to shove it.
Wanted to add my Duster to my policy, took pics as they asked and caught nothing but grief. Asked for 2nd set, by this time I had fenders off and of course the whole front apart. Long story short, they said no thank you. Never mind that it sets in a alarmed garage surrounded by a 12' fence.

Heacock (makes me giggle every time...) $250 a year for my GTS, $25k value, free roadside but is must be stored inside when not in use.

Hagerty. Insured year round, all perils. Agreed Value with no appraisal required. No worries, no problems.

STATE FARM.........NO THANKS !!!
I would stay way far away from them. Pay them money and they are happy. Submit a claim and you will more than likely get dropped. Good Luck

:burnout:Hagerty! They raised the agreed upon value when they noticed my 67 383S' value went up, no extra cost, no hassles as of yet. They only require your car be worth a minimum of $5,000. They didn't accept my 75 Dart, yet!

They only require your car be worth a minimum of $5,000. They didn't accept my 75 Dart, yet!
This right here! when I got my Duster I went right to work on it. They told me based on my photo's the car wasn't worth $5K.

Being a Minnesota man myself, I keep full coverage year round. I have American Family insurance. They have a collector car program. All I needed was an appraisal and the car had to be 20 years old or older. I pay $8.50 per month for full coverage.

I recently changed companies, and since this is thru my work, the home/car ins is extremely low. They don't do collector ins, but they work with one if you have a collector car.
I'm considering the company, although the name is not one of the recognized ones, the quote/coverage is comparable to others.
I want to check out Haggerty.
I know a few things, what perks to look for, agreed vs stated, etc.

What worries me is even if you have an agreed value for a complete loss, that does nothing for a fender bender.

My sister works for one of the big ins companies, and I believe they will insure old cars and pay for a complete loss. My question would be how do they handle a fixable accident? If parts are not readily available do they consider it totaled?

Can anyone comment on ins with one of these companies and how a dented fender that is not reproduced was handled?
Since you have to have collision, what do they do when you collide and it is drivable?

ive tried a bunch of companys and most dont want to do it because i drive it daily, dont park in a locked garage, and its not worth lots of money. i was asking to have 5000 replacement value, because i cant get one in the same condition as the one i have, and one that needs work to get it to where mine is would run that amount. screw hagerty,geico,farmers, and a whole list of others.:axe:

hagerty. 72 and 65 dart original slants, $155 per total. like the other guys say, they want locked garage, no racing, $5000 agreed value even though i told them both might be worth,,, that not each! LOL didn't matter, no mileage limit. i guess they figure 66 old fart with a slant is harmless!??? mainly wanted liability. their tow deal costs a few dollars but i told her mopars NEVER break!! LOL

I have Hartford. My Sport went through a hail storm, and was beat up pretty bad. Car was already sitting at a body shop, so when the adjuster showed up, they agreed to an amount for repair, and new paint. Had a check in less than a week. Monte Carlo was in the same storm, and they fixed it too. Another storm took out the back glass in the Monte. One phone call, and they had a glass co. out to replace it the next day. Needless to say, I'm pretty happy with their service.

-
Back