what kind of muffler is this?

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
this was on the Dart when i got it.Looks like a good one so i thought maybe someone may know what make it is so I can get anouther one.

100_1480.jpg

100_1481.jpg

100_1482.jpg

Imitation flowmaster?? Their patent ran out a few years ago and they did not renew it so many copies are out there. If it was theirs, it should have their name on it. But, that is a 2003 photo ........ sure it is not marked somehwere?

Tom Hand

The shell resembles Flowmaster, but I can't tell if/where the insides are welded to figure out whether it's using baffles or perforated tubes and some sound-deadening material. It could be a Flowtech Terminator or something of the sort.

The shell resembles Flowmaster, but I can't tell if/where the insides are welded to figure out whether it's using baffles or perforated tubes and some sound-deadening material. It could be a Flowtech Terminator or something of the sort.

nope not a flowtech, flowtechs dont have a marked inlet side and they are also reversible some kind of flowmaster knockof is my gues

It is DEFINATELY a Flowmaster knock off. It is identical externally, but if it were an actuall branded Flowmaster, it would be stamped with their name along the seam on the top/underside, kind of like the end "INLET" like this:
flowmaster1.jpg

thats a flowmaster knockoff. my friend had one on his blazer. it sounded alright. but it was a v6. and i found out recently that flowmasters dont flow worth a ****. get a glasspack. its a cheap and east hp gain over flowmasters

It is definitely not a Flowmaster.I was a welder for Flowmaster for 5 years all Flowmasters have there name an them either embossed on the case or on some race mufflers have a tag embossed on a small plate and welded on the outside. They also have the style of muffler and the inlet-outlet configuration code engraved on the end cap of the muffler, plus that looks to be a coppy of there 40 series and the weld patern does not look the same.

probably a Force. Summit and Jegs each sell them. Half the price as Flowmaster for the same muffler.

A couple days before the Nats I had two of those put on my '05 Ram W/ true dual exhaust, They don't sound bad. They have a little more of a tin sound than I would like ( higher in the RPM's )... that's a problem I didn't have on my '99 Ram with a Flowmaster.

Thrush makes a cheap Flowmaster copy also and they sound pretty good.

I'd have to ask to find out what "brand" mine are... I might change them in the future when I add a crossover..... and mybe headers.

I would buy another one just like and be done with it.

Whatever you do don't buy any loud *** glasspacks that sound like crap!

AAAAAAACCCKKKKK! AAAAAAAAACCCCCKKKK! AAAAACCCCCKKKKK!

IMCO muffler. Cheap version of a FM. I had them on my ram & they sounded identicle to a FM.

-
Back