what kind of radio will fit 73 duster?

-

gotdust57@yahoo

Reaction score
what size and brand aftermarket am fm radio will fit best into my 73 duster dash with least amount of trimming, buying from best buy or mickey shorrs or someplace like that, and if you have name and model number, i have changed so much i dont care about original anymore? thanks

what size and brand aftermarket am fm radio will fit best into my 73 duster dash with least amount of trimming, buying from best buy or mickey shorrs or someplace like that, and if you have name and model number, i have changed so much i dont care about original anymore? thanks

If you don't want to cut up the dash (or just don't want anyone seeing your expensive sound system), you might take a look at Secret Audio products. The receiver can be mounted under the seat, in the glove box, etc., and you can also add a 10-disc CD changer (mount in trunk). It comes with a remote that works off FM frequency (wireless) from about 40 feet away.

Check it out at: http://www.customautosounds.com/classic/secret.html
or do a Google for other sources.

Jerry

i just want to put inexpensive stereo in to cruise with so just looking for one that will fit close without to much cutting

basicly shaft mount radio are no longer made, cutting will be required. i have secret audio in my 66 newport, its over priced junk.

thanks someone had told me about one before from electronic store that sold a kenwood or pioneer that took just a small amount of trimming like 1/8'', now i am ready to do it i lost it of course. thanks

This post kinda got me thinking, I used to have a pioneer super tuner in my old 75 that fit without any cutting. So you can still find them on ebay and I'm sure at yard sales, but you are stuck with cassettes. wow man that's out there!
check this model out: DUAL XC-4100 it even has aux input for new fangled devices like walk-mans or maybe a cd player. :lol:

I got a shaft mount Kenwood in my duster too. Got it at Mickey Schorr's too. It is am-fm casette. You won't find a cd player that will fit in the factory dash opening. If I felt the need for cd's I'd just add a cd changer in the trunk. Somebody must still have shaft mount radios.

-
Back