what kinda stuff can i do?!

-

fredsmedina

6 Dart 7 MOPAR OR NOCAR
Reaction score
got a plasma cutter on the way in the mail! :cheers:i'm excited. trying to think of various projects that i can do with the new plasma cutter? debating how hard it would be to make a dash for my dart?

i've got soo many ideas going through my mind of what i'll be able to do. anyone got some ideas of stuff i can do?! i'm excited.!:-D

What can you do with a plasma cutter? HMMM let me see. Wait I got it! You could cut metal!!! LOL Just giving you a hard time.

You could lighten your bumper mounts or other non structural parts of your car.

If you have a welder and an angle grinder too you could put in frame connectors or a roll bar.

What can you do with a plasma cutter? HMMM let me see. Wait I got it! You could cut metal!!! LOL Just giving you a hard time.

You could lighten your bumper mounts or other non structural parts of your car.

If you have a welder and an angle grinder too you could put in frame connectors or a roll bar.
obiously cutting metal!

i'm just getting different ideas. it opens up soo many possibilities..

its not a hardcore drag car, so i wouldnt really need to lighten the non structural parts really.

cut holes for a scoop make the sheet metal on your car look like a spider web i like the convertible idea haha

got a plasma cutter on the way in the mail! :cheers:i'm excited. trying to think of various projects that i can do with the new plasma cutter? debating how hard it would be to make a dash for my dart?

i've got soo many ideas going through my mind of what i'll be able to do. anyone got some ideas of stuff i can do?! i'm excited.!:-D

I wonder whether a plasma cutter would provide any advantage over other cutting tools (ie. cut off wheel) in making a custom dash? Would teh cut be cleaner or more accurate? Whilst I have no experience with plasma cutters - but can imagine it would become an invaluable tool once you have one (eg. like a welder, never knew how much I needed one till I got one) - my thinking is that it wouldn't provide any real advantage, and perhaps be less accurate for an application such as this?

just a few thoughts.....

I wonder whether a plasma cutter would provide any advantage over other cutting tools (ie. cut off wheel) in making a custom dash? Would teh cut be cleaner or more accurate? Whilst I have no experience with plasma cutters - but can imagine it would become an invaluable tool once you have one (eg. like a welder, never knew how much I needed one till I got one) - my thinking is that it wouldn't provide any real advantage, and perhaps be less accurate for an application such as this?

just a few thoughts.....

everything that i've read and seen has shown that the plasma cutter is very accurate and cuts through metal very quick and with ease. i didn't buy the cutter just to do the dash though, i also built it to build my workench, as stated above, and to cut out and repalce muiliple spots on my charger(under the vinyl top where it rusted through in multiple places). i know that all of this could be done with other tools.

but when my dad saw this plasma cutter on clearance, he just had to get it. the model that i'm getting is MSRP $2,400. most places sell it for around 1,800. i got a deal on it.
i guess we'll find out soon enough if it was worth it or not though.

-
Back