what leaf springs

-

hairy72

Reaction score
my rear end is to low. what leaf springs can i use to lift the rear end up alot.

the mopar performance superstock springs will do the trick.

If you want it to look stock go with stock or stock HD springs

If you want that "Up in the rear" look go with SS springs. (with SS springs your car will be higher on the pass side rear.)

my rear end is to low. what leaf springs can i use to lift the rear end up alot.

You said alot so I'm thinking you might want to go with longer shackles. If your leaf springs still have a nice arch to them I don't see why you need to change leaf springs.

i got mine from espo.com, you can choose between 5 and 6 leaf and get them custom arched from 2 inches below to 2 inches above stock height. I got the 5 leaf +2 inches and it is plenty stiff for me. Raised the rear quite a bit.

Please dont use longer shackles. Do it right with new springs.

Please dont use longer shackles. Do it right with new springs.

Yeah I guess I should be took out back and horse whipped now that I think about it.

Scratch that idea hairy72. I'd go with the Xhd 6 Leaf Springs and they should get you where you want it.

Longer shackles WILL NOT raise your car. They will however do the following: Bend the rear section of your springs downward ruining them. Wipe out any hope of a good hook-up and launch. Flex like crazy from side to side. Look stupid.

Now if you want to reduce traction, cause wheel hop, and have that silly 70's look there are better ways to do it. An OEM type spring with a slightly higher arch will do nicely. Also, if handling is important, set the rear at factory height, and lower the nose slightly to give yourself a 1-2 degree rake. ANY spring shop can re-arch your OEM springs to factory height or slightly above (remember the spring rate never changes as a spring wears, only it's camber). And the rear springs should be nearly flat anyhow, thats how they were designed.

Longer shackles are right down there with air shocks on the list of bad ideas.

If you want to raise up the rear I'd go with the Mopar Superstock springs. Heres what my Duster looks like with the SS springs. They work really good on my street car.

Duster1.jpg

Duster1.jpg

Duster1.jpg

-
Back