What make are these roller lifters?

-

vje55

Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone can tell me the make etc. of the solid roller lifters I have?

Looks like the early "drop.in "Crane,LA solid roller lifters.Except the oil hole,Magnum style. Guess aftermarket Magnum. They oil through the push rod.Hopefully some one notices.

Looks like the early "drop.in "Crane,LA solid roller lifters.Except the oil hole,Magnum style. Guess aftermarket Magnum. They oil through the push rod.Hopefully some one notices.
Reckon I can use these on a LA 360 non magnum?

My thought, what cam and valvetrain?. Mine was a guess.Sure look like the 600 dollar early Cranes I ran.But hydraulic.

My thought, what cam and valvetrain?. Mine was a guess.Sure look like the 600 dollar early Cranes I ran.But hydraulic.

Using a sig erson solid roller: Custom grind:
286° IN 294° EX
248° IN 255° EX @ 50
.597 IN .597EX Lift
108°
Crane 1.6 gold roller rockers

Erson cams suggests
200lb @1.900
590lb @1.200
1.550 diameter
What do you reckon?
Thanks
Brian

Just because they oil the pushrods doesn't mean you cannot use them in an LA.

I dont think they oil thru the pushrod. The hole in the seat is to oil the roller, whatever can "leak" past the pushrod is all the oil it gets. If it oiled thru the pushrod there would be a oil hole on the side of the lifter body(the shinny part).

Erson cams suggests
200lb @1.900
590lb @1.200
1.550 diameter
What do you reckon?
Thanks
Brian
Might be biting off a lot for Crane Golds......that's a lot of spring.
I have no first hand , but was told that over 500 lbs was the " gray area " for the Gold rockers.
FWIW , I am using similar spring with a bit more cam.....260 / 268 @ .050 and .664 lift. Just a little more on the seat. I am using T&D on this one and had Sharps for the last one with a lot less cam.

Might be biting off a lot for Crane Golds......that's a lot of spring.
I have no first hand , but was told that over 500 lbs was the " gray area " for the Gold rockers.
FWIW , I am using similar spring with a bit more cam.....260 / 268 @ .050 and .664 lift. Just a little more on the seat. I am using T&D on this one and had Sharps for the last one with a lot less cam.
Thanks bud. Will look into it.

-
Back