• superbee ...plain trim.....383

Votes: 42 29.4%
  • leave it a 500 woody....383

Votes: 42 29.4%
  • R/T wagon ....premium sport trim ...440

Votes: 59 41.3%

• Total voters
-
This is the look I was talking about Rani, any wheels would be fine but we all know the 500 wheels are correct for the Dodge package BUT pricey
I voted plain trim 383, but keeping the 500 package alive
Why are wagons cool you asked
Thay are perfect for camping,fishing,parts grabbing, and plenty of area to
modify to entertain a sleep over at a near by park and save hotel cost

Attachments

• WagonLady.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 366
Or you could get an early barracuda and "save on hotel cost" if you know what I mean. :D

Its a tie right now for the R/T or woody....

Rani, did you vote yet?

im glad i did this poll bcoz the results are a lot different than i expected ....i was thinking a superbee was more appealing to ppl, on average than it is. a superbee/road runner is a very simple car but has a good following ....maybe it was good marketing when they were new.

the woodgrain idea is a lot more popular than i expected.......historically the woodgrain was uncool and very Clark Griswald ....but it appears that the woodgrain look has made a come back in a majority.........the woodgrain may not happen even still due to the chrome trim....there are a lot of pieces ruined bcoz they came off at some point and someone drilled through them and re-installed using wood screws.......some ppl are so evil

the R/T was my original thought bcoz a dream car of mine has always been a 68 R/T .....but not likely im going to afford a 2-door version now.

i am also a big fan of the 500/ sport satellite model

thaks everyone who replied ......i loved seing the pics of what other ppl are doing out there ........,and pls continue to vote and reply .....i am on the bubble so i am putting weight into the replies :prayer:

Clark Griswold is awesome!!

Attachments

• 141410__vacation_l.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 330
  • vacation.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 340
  • tumblr_lqg6e7tsvT1qcr6iqo1_500.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 335
the woodgrain idea is a lot more popular than i expected.......historically the woodgrain was uncool and very Clark Griswald ....but it appears that the woodgrain look has made a come back in a majority.........the woodgrain may not happen even still due to the chrome trim....there are a lot of pieces ruined bcoz they came off at some point and someone drilled through them and re-installed using wood screws.......some ppl are so evil

This car was on Ebay last April...all the woodgrain and trim was painted on...just needs a couple surf boards on the roof.

Woodgrain and bench seats are cool in my world...because you just don't see cars with them any more...

Paul

Attachments

• PaintedWoodGrain.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 346
This car was on Ebay last April...all the woodgrain and trim was painted on...just needs a couple surf boards on the roof.

Woodgrain and bench seats are cool in my world...because you just don't see cars with them any more...

Paul

I seen that, it may still be on eBay, very very cool car!!!

I vote superbee. Just looks awesome.

When I went to cruise the coast, I saw a 442 wagon and it was just epic.

i just went and looked ....and actually all the chrome pieces are there ....but in order to be right.....the four pieces on the two driver side doors and the driver side front wheel lip moulding need replaced ....from being drilled and being put on with wood screws.....

i didnt even realize but the pictured passenger side is the good side as far as chrome trim

can the holes be filled and made to look right on aluminum trim like this?

i just went and looked ....and actually all the chrome pieces are there ....but in order to be right.....the four pieces on the two driver side doors and the driver side front wheel lip moulding need replaced ....from being drilled and being put on with wood screws.....

i didnt even realize but the pictured passenger side is the good side as far as chrome trim

can the holes be filled and made to look right on aluminum trim like this?

Not sure, if it was stainless it could be repaired.

Do a 2 door R/T wagon

oh believe it ...that has crossed my mind many many times ......Mr. waggs actually pulled that off brilliantly......thew only problem here is that unlike the early As.....B-bodys have a different windsheild and different windsheild angle and glass heights are different between the short 4 door doors and the two door doors...........i have measured and entertained that thought.

unfortunately right now is not the right time ....i cant program a project that big .....so i just want to get it running and improve whats there.

originally i wanted to do a charger wagon and put a 68 charger front end on this thing .....but there again ...cost benefit analysis says ....."where is is budget...downsize the program" "run what you brung"

The best part of a Wagon is owning one. No matter where you go people at the toll booth, drive threw windows, car shows....every body love looking at them and talking about it...when it comes time to sell no one will have the guts to spend the money on one....if you can not afford the two door R /T thank just build it out of a Wagon ....you will love it. I have 2 new cars 1968 Dart GTS 340 CONV. and a 1966 Dodge Coronet Wagon ....one has to go and I hope it is the Dart because Wagon s are COOL!!!

oh believe it ...that has crossed my mind many many times ......Mr. waggs actually pulled that off brilliantly......thew only problem here is that unlike the early As.....B-bodys have a different windsheild and different windsheild angle and glass heights are different between the short 4 door doors and the two door doors...........i have measured and entertained that thought.

unfortunately right now is not the right time ....i cant program a project that big .....so i just want to get it running and improve whats there.

originally i wanted to do a charger wagon and put a 68 charger front end on this thing .....but there again ...cost benefit analysis says ....."where is is budget...downsize the program" "run what you brung"

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice Polly burnout ....318 2 bbl with ac. It had stickers all over the car like It was like i was a class champion in 1968,69,70...I took off the luggage rack and went with the HEMI HOOD scoop.
The best $5.00 I ever spent was for the scoop....it said 426....

New Wagon toy....

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121105_145617.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 311
  • ForumRunner_20121105_145647.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 308
-
Back