What model of Monocoque rims are these?

-

PROSTOCKTOM

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I swapped a set of 12" wide Cragar Super Tricks for these 15" wide Monocoque rims yesterday and can find anything on internet about what they were called in the day.

All I remember about them from 30-years ago is I couldn't afford the price for a set.

Thanks,
Tom

20230706_002355.jpg

nice Hornet

Thanks, most people wouldn't even have a clue what it is.

FYI: The car you see was bought off a Craigslist ad in the mountains of Western North Carolina 6-years ago for $200.

There is an even nicer red one sitting in the back corner from Alabama. I am working on building a Wally Booth tribute car to run in ONPS.

Tom

You are welcome, $200 is a steal!, nicer? P/S will be cool!
What will the engine be?
Didn't the hatchback have the largest rear wheelwells from the factory? of hornets that is.

You are welcome, $200 is a steal!, nicer? P/S will be cool!
What will the engine be?
Didn't the hatchback have the largest rear wheel wells from the factory? of hornets that is.

The red car in the back has a more perfect body than the tan one does.

i am using DRC3 for power with set of valve covers that have AMC machined into them. (It is Outlaw)

The wheel wells are pretty generous and especially if you wanted to mini tube one to the frame rails. Which are perfectly straight inline with the front rails.

I am it was purely accident, but whoever designed the floor pan must have had a lot of vision for big tires later.

Tom

Going to hafta go out and look at the rails on the Sportabout. I don't think the frame rails are in line with each other.

I swapped a set of 12" wide Cragar Super Tricks for these 15" wide Monocoque rims yesterday and can find anything on internet about what they were called in the day.

All I remember about them from 30-years ago is I couldn't afford the price for a set.

Thanks,
Tom

View attachment 1716111143
Love hornets, are you going to be tubbing/caging it? Love those rims also...

I am using the tan car to make body molds off of. The race car will be all carbon fiber and the cage will be the current NHRA specs.

Tom
Jesus man.... playin with big boy toys :) Can't wait to see it though... great body for a race car

-
Back