What Oil Pan to Buy

-

BubbaCuda

Reaction score
Im having my 408 stroker motor built and i need to buy my oil pan. The TTI site shows 4 different Miloden part numbers that will work with their headers My question is what oil pan will fit the best on my 65 Cuda.

You have to notch out the k-member with the Milodon low profile oil pan. I used a Moroso deep pan but it hangs down pretty low but that is the look I wanted.

ya low pro... its the new one they came out with that doesnt hang so low but then again the deep one isnt that bad

You may want to check into the Kevko pans. I have heard they work with TTI headers. Hopefully, I will be installing mine in a few weeks.

66340Sedan
Do you have any pictures of the notched k-member? It sounds like the low profile is the one for me.

GTX experience could you drop me a line when you get the pan installed. I'm waiting for Eagle to ship the stroker kit so i could wait a few weeks before i order my pan ...
Thanks for the help

I used the regular Milodon low profile but notched the front part of the pan. IMO this is better than potentially weakening the K-frame. Also drilled a hole in the baffling for the dipstick. Looked into the Kevko & it did not appear that it would work in an early A without similar mods. The Milodon does sit an inch or so lower than the K but this shouldn't present a problem if you're careful. Took some pics if you need.

I just ordered the M301 Kevko based on all the positive feedback I read from other members here:

http://www.kevko.net/mopar.htm

They told me no windage tray is needed because it has a built in crank scraper and the sump is covered.

396 signet
If you can post some pictures or send them to me would be appreciated.
Thanks
[email protected]

Pics sent. Looked at as many pans as I could find for use with early A, here's what I found:
Kevco- appears to be a good unit for the price. Will require some mods to front of pan or K to fit. Minimal K overhang. Looks like a really good setup for later A's.
Milodon Lo-pro: Appears to need some mods to fit. Questionable fit with stroker cranks & some rods.
Milodon low profile- Best compromise for me. Has good volume. Sits about 1-1.5" below K. Will need some mods to fit an early A. Some modify the K but I just shaved the front corners of the pan to fit. Fit my 3.79" crank easily w/o mods.
Moroso- Only pan that may fit w/o mods. This is a very deep pan which was the killer for me, envisioned holes & oil on pavement.
Stock- POS for any performance application. Low volume & lack of any baffling. Could be helped out quite a bit by adding baffling. Could also be deepened but at this point you may as well buy aftermarket.

BTW, decide to forgo a windage tray. The general consensis is they are pretty much useless for a 6000 RPM street/ strip motor.

I'm going to purchase the kevco pan .It sounds like it doesn't need to be modified. I will take some pictures after the install to share.
Thanks again

-
Back