What paint and primer to use at home

-

cuda guy

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm just at the stage that I can put the first coats of primer on my car.
My question is?
I sprayed the duplicolor primer just now and I was not impressed with the coverage and how well it went on the car.
I was wondering if anyone has used this primer and paint or is the something else that I should try I sprayed some black on some parts and it looked great.
I'm in Toronto Ontario so it's hard to find the right stuff.

Thanks everyone

Rick

self etching? covers the scratches fairly well and the color depends on your paint color as well i believe i wuld go with grey

Just remember you get what you pay for.

Is this Duplicolor primer an aerosol can? Or sprayed from a gun? What is the part number?

sprayed form a gun
I wanna try epoxy primer

I use PPG products, and as far as primers I use premium urethane quality primer surfacer's such as K38 or NCP 271.

The quality of the job starts at the bottom, If your going to step up to a better product I recommened removing what you put on. You can use PPG'S Omni epoxy primer its less expensive as DP epoxy and works the same. Epoxy is not a sandable primer just so you know its a ground base for all your work.

When we did my son's '88 Mustang we used PPG Epoxy primer as the first coat and U-Tech surfacer/primer on top of that for blocking. When we sanded through we would shoot some more Epoxy primer on those areas. Wipe it down with clean displosable shop rags and Wax and Grease Remover then wipe it with a tach cloth between each coat. www.autobody101.com is a good source for paint and body work info. And listen to what 4404spd says he does this for a living.

If you want a good product at a little better price, try SEM Metalock epoxie primer, it's good stuff.

I use PPG products, and as far as primers I use premium urethane quality primer surfacer's such as K38 or NCP 271.

Hi

I can't fing anyone up here that sells PPG for primer all we have 2k and epoxy. Low voc laws up here.

What should I do

Hi

I can't fing anyone up here that sells PPG for primer all we have 2k and epoxy. Low voc laws up here.

What should I do
Those products are VOC compliant. The only product on the market in the states that isnt VOC compliant as far as I know is the solvent basecoats.

-
Back