What paint should I go with for 1974 Plymouth Scamp?

-
Reaction score
I have a 1974 Plymouth Scamp that I am restoring.
I am thinking about doing a black vinyl top, a black bumble-bee stripe, two black hood scoops (for looks no performance or anything) but what should be the main body color?
And what would be a good interior color to go with it?

get-attachment-5.jpg

Personally, I wouldn't go with the twin scoops. I don't think they'd look right on that year. Instead, I'd consider the dual snorkel, fits the lines of the hood better IMO. There's a thread running right now that has some really nice photos of Dusters with similar front ends as your car with the dual snorkel here: http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=59361 Check out pastortom1's car, really nice! Might even give you some inspiration as to a color scheme too. As far as colors go, I'd find a paint book and go through it until something grabs you(that's what I did), then go from there as far as interior and top colors. Also, do a web search for Scamps and see if anything catches your eye. Let us know what you decide on.

Something bright and cheery, that way it stands out when you blow past you buddys camaro :-D...and as for interior pics...I like white, but none of my cars have them because It would be brown by the end of the year...

with the black stripe, and black top you are pretty limitless in colors
I would stay away from purple as the black will get lost in it. I know some will flame me for this but dont forget to think outside the box and maybe go with a non mopar color.

with the black stripe, and black top you are pretty limitless in colors
I would stay away from purple as the black will get lost in it. I know some will flame me for this but dont forget to think outside the box and maybe go with a non mopar color.

what...non mopar color...is their such a thing...LOL...

Thanks for the ideas! I am considering those snorcle scopps they are pretty cool.
I am thinking a cherry red or an orange, something bright. It's my high school car I need something nice to keep up w/ my friends 1970 Monte Carlo.

-
Back