what radiator did you use in your swap

-

mcat

Reaction score
the champion radiator i ordered is to tall, it is taller than the specs. they give. and it looks like it will take an act of congress to correct it.
i would like a radiator with the trans cooler built in. and the in and out on the pasenger side.. who did you use?

I used a cross-flow atco made for this swap--Contact them,No cooling issues what so ever

I changed the lower radiator mount to a tubular piece and dropped it to fit an Afco 80130NDP. Keeps my temps in check on the road course. Overkill for most guys. Doesn't have an oil cooler function.

the champion radiator i ordered is to tall, it is taller than the specs. they give. and it looks like it will take an act of congress to correct it.
i would like a radiator with the trans cooler built in. and the in and out on the pasenger side.. who did you use?

A bit more information would be helpful. What car/engine are you having the problem with?

Russ

A bit more information would be helpful. What car/engine are you having the problem with?

Russ
i have a 68 barracuda, and an 06 5.7 hemi
the radiator that champion list, says it will be 22.62 tall. that would fit...but the one i got is 1 1/8" taller than spec'd, that don't fit. they don't know why, and don't really seem to care..

the radiator that champion list, says it will be 22.62 tall. that would fit...but the one i got is 1 1/8" taller than spec'd, that don't fit. they don't know why, and don't really seem to care..

If you look at the Heating/Cooling/AC Forum here at FABO, you will find a ton of information about aftermarket/replacement Radiators for our A-Body cars.

Good Luck,

Russ

it sounds as if you have one for a b-body they are just a bit taller. You can use it but will need to modify the lower shield on the core support to do so.

I use the factory tanks and straps and get them re-cored. It costs more to do the bubble top then the square top radiators because of the core design. So I think 69 and up a-body sounds like it would be most cost effective to do. A radiator shop and can change hose outlet sides and widths. An a-body lower is 1.5 inches while the b-body one is 1.75.

300C radiator and thermofan package looks like it will go in, might need a bit skimmed of the inside of the frame rails. Should be able to use the factory radiator hoses too, just need to sort out a suitable header tank.

Champion B Body G3 Hemi - went in a treat. But our later A bodies have a bigger engine bay like your Duster and Demon......

-
Back