What radiator?

-

dustertogo

Reaction score
Looking for some suggestions guys on what radiator to use for my 73 Duster. Will be running 414 stroker, 4speed, with no p/s, a/c, etc. Car won't be a daily driver, but more likely a weekend cruiser etc. Would you spring for an aluminum and forget about it, or see how an OEM does? BTW summer in Mississippi = 95 - 100 deg. days.

There has been some good info on this in quite a few past threads. Maybe do a search and I think you'll find that quite a few folks are using one of the universal type aluminum rads from Summit or Jegs. Just make sure the inlet/outlet necks are in the proper position for your particular body/engine. I think ABodyJoe put on in his car not too long ago, so check the search function and see what you can find out there.

Im running a 25 3/4" summit/northern radiator on my ride. With a electric fan off of a HHR (chevy, pt cruiser lookin car) that cost me $76 new, shipped, with the factory style connector. It cools great in town, gets a little warm on the freeway, i will be adding rubber flaps to let air pass at highway speeds.

Right now, it keeps the motor about 100* over ambient temp. Its 70* out? it will be at 170*. 80* out, 180*. 105* out...200* or so. It's defiantely scorcing hot out here and it seems to be doing pretty well.
fan.jpg

fsan2.gif

Goody, is that electric fan built into that shroud? Or did you just do an excellent job of fabricating it? By the way, I'm sure glad that I don't have to deal with that kind of heat very often here in Ohio, the older and fatter I get the less I like heat!!!

Goody, nice job on that fan. Do you have the part no. for that and was the fan and shroud al one peice.
Thanks

-
Back