What radiator?

-

68fastback

Reaction score
Help please. LOL

I have a 1968 Plymouth Barracuda. The car had a 318 and now I am installing a 360 mild build. I no longer have the original radiator. I am looking for a cheap one that will work in this car. My problem (this is where I am hoping someone here can help) is I don't know what size I need. I am sure there is nothing at the local junk yards for my car and I need to know what size and any other info I can get. If there is anyone here that knows anything and willing to help I would appreciate it very much.

Thank you

Brad

I'm also not too concerned about the fan shroud because I think I will be running an electric fan on the radiator when I get one.

Look up one for a 1974 Dodge Dart Sport or some such. You may have to re-drill mounting holes possibly, but as long as the inlet and outlet are the same sides and diameters as your hoses you should be good to go.
Any competent partsman should be able to help you out.
Daryl

Look for a 70 Dart radiator with a V/8 and air conditioning. Add a shroud and that should serve you just fine. The problem with using a 67-69 radiator is the water outlet is on the wrong side for a 360 so you`ll need to go to a later year so the water pump and radiator openings are in line.

The only problem is I live in north Idaho and the junk yards only have newer stuff they crush all the stuff over 20 years old, I don't understand it you cant even find stuff for early 80s any make or model. I have a place that can get me a new one for around $100 if I know the size and the outlet locations.

If you can get one for that price then go for it. You can measure your opening and then give them the distances between the bolt holes. From there they can fit one for you.

Well I sure am a pain in the rear. Unfortunately the car is not close to home yet, just moved. I am trying to cut down the down time once it gets here. Does anyone know the distance between the holes? Like I said I have no radiator to compare to. Thank you for all the help though.

Another way to go is just find a radiator to fit your car (67-69 Dart or Cuda V/8 with air if possible) and have the water outlet moved to the opposite side. There`s one on Ebay right now.

-
Back