What rear brake shoes are you using

-
Reaction score
I need some rear shoes and when I was checking out vatozone I see they have 10x1-3/4 '68 & up 340/383 car, and 10x2 1/4 for '67 4 brl cars.

They also show the same part #'d drum for both apps.
Is this just a vatozone out??

Anyways..so mine are cracked though out the linings and wanna upgrade with maybe using the wider shoe.

I'm gonna look into this more but figure you guys might have already, so what do ya think?

FWIW: Rock Auto does the same thing. The part # for the '67 10" drum is the same as for the '68 10" drum.

It is possible that the backing plate was changed between '67 & '68 in such a way that the shoe's position regarding depth of insertion into the drum was changed. That could account for the difference in the width of the drum without a corresponding change in the width of the shoe.

I don't know how much room there is to work with inside the drum. Suggest putting a blob of modelling clay on the outside edge of the shoe and put the drum on. The drum will compress the clay on the shoe. Pull the drum off to find out how much free area is available by measuring the depth of the squashed clay against the shoe.

Good luck.

I'm running C body rear brakes on the '67

11 x 2-1/2 I think

cuda10_Medium_.jpg

-
Back