What rear end do I have?

-

HemiD@rt

Reaction score
Here are a couple pics. Not sure what rear end it is. Thanks!

20121206_133504.jpg

20121206_133457.jpg

20121206_133511.jpg

How much abuse can I throw at this axle? I'm putting a supercharged hemi in the dart.

most likely anything you want to throw at it; the only thing stronger is a Dana 60

Actually there is stronger, it's called a Rockwell. That said if you break a Dana 60 you to run not walk away from cars!

Which Hemi and how much HP will you be running. This will not hold up to a 426 style Hemi that is supercharged!! If it is a new gen Hemi, it will last!! Geof

Here is the engine.

35f6273d.jpg

5c7baf5d.jpg

null-51.jpg

Here is the Dyno graph of the motor when it was in my ram. It put down 520wrhp and 545wrtq through the rfe545 on a torque converter on its way out.
null-65.jpg

The cars weight and traction have a tremendous affect on how much power a rearend can handle. If ya put street radials on it it'll never hook up good enough to break anything but if you run slicks it's kinda on the edge with your power. One of the few drawbacks to a 489 was the crush sleeve they used. If you have it replaced with a solid spacer it'll help it stay together.

If you are running an auto without a trans brake it will also last better. A trans brake or hard launch with a standard plus slicks and its days will be numbered, especially with a tired 40 plus year old factory gearset and sure grip. The crush sleeve - Cas at Dr. Diff.

-
Back