What repair manual for a 1970 duster?

-

Schneiderman

Reaction score
Want to get a repair manual for the duster, but there are lots of different ones to choose from. What do you guys recommend? I was thinking I would go with the Haynes 1967-76 Dodge Dart Plymouth Valiant Duster Repair Manual (about $25).

For my 1970 Duster project I bought the factory service manual.To get the complete set you buy volume 1 and 2.It is listed as Plymouth service manual and covers the following models Belvedere,Fury,Barracuda,Valiant.They are more money than the haynes manual.The factory manual is going to be year specfic and far superior when it comes to technical info.

For my 1970 Duster project I bought the factory service manual.To get the complete set you buy volume 1 and 2.It is listed as Plymouth service manual and covers the following models Belvedere,Fury,Barracuda,Valiant.They are more money than the haynes manual.The factory manual is going to be year specfic and far superior when it comes to technical info.

x2

Definitely get the factory service manual. The Haynes/Chilton/etc. aftermarket books are useless; they're full of wrong info and they leave out a bunch of what you need to know. See this thread.

I'm not going to argue with the last two guys, but- I've bought a Haynes manual for every car I've owned, and I think they're great for the average joe who wants (or needs) to save a few bucks by changing his headgasket in the driveway. Anything more involved than that, I wouldn't know -I've never torn an engine down further than that, hope I never have to.

A tip- check Amazon. A nearly new Haynes manual for my truck cost me about $5, and that's shipping included. That way, you can get both.

-
Back