What rim is this for?

-

72Plymouth

Reaction score
I have a couple white rims that are the smaller 4" bolt pattern. Anyone know anything specific like which cars this would have come on or was it just about every Mopar?

There were two 14 inch wheels, 4 1/2 and 5 1/2. The 5 1/2 came on High Performance cars like Formula S Cudas, 340 Dusters, 340 and 383 Darts from about "65"-"72". The 5 1/2 wheels are still in demand.

I'm sorry, I was talking the width of the rim. The bolt pattern is the 5 on a 4.00 inch bolt circle.

O okay. Not sure how it is measured. I measured them and it is 5 1/2" between the inner bead lips and 6 1/2" total between the outer lips. Also I think these were 15" wheels

O okay. Not sure how it is measured. I measured them and it is 5 1/2" between the inner bead lips and 6 1/2" total between the outer lips. Also I think these were 15" wheels

That would be 5 1/2 inches wide. 15 inch would be aftermarket wheels. If they are factory they should be stamped with size and width. 14's were as big as they went from the factory for small bolt pattern wheels.

No A-bodies came with 15" wheels except possibly the 68 Hemi cars. The wheel center would be smooth if the wheel were for a disc brake car. All drum brake A-bodies would use a 4.0" x 5 bolt pattern with the kind of center pictured. 73 & > A-bodies with disc brakes used the 4.5" x 5 bolt pattern.

No A-bodies came with 15" wheels except possibly the 68 Hemi cars. The wheel center would be smooth if the wheel were for a disc brake car. All drum brake A-bodies would use a 4.0" x 5 bolt pattern with the kind of center pictured. 73 & > A-bodies with disc brakes used the 4.5" x 5 bolt pattern.

I think Hemi cars did not have the small bolt pattern.

'68 HEMI Cuda's & Darts had 14" large bolt pattern in the front & special offset 15" large bolt pattern in the rear.

Ok cool so maybe they have SOME use at least! They are a little rough and have some paint chips. Would these have some chrysler info printed on the rim? Think there were just a couple numbers. Will have to check

The only numbers on these are a 1 and a 17 and something else thats hard to see near the other lug hole. Looks like these have been a few colors, like black, green, gray or silver, and then white. Any other thoughts now? Thanks for all the help

-
Back