what rollbar/cage did you use

-

OUTLAW

Master of All Mopars
Reaction score
I have to install a cage in the cuda and been looking at summit - jegs and S&W all look about the same . So my question is ...what cage did you use and how well did it fit ?

Mine was a Competition Eng. piece. And because they list no kits ready made for a '65 Dart, they custom bent the loop. There was some minor tweaking, but it fit reasonably well.

thanks they seemed to be the most popular. I had heard some horror stories about the halo not fitting right (not from CE but others)

I think I'm going to buy a Chris Alston 14 point cage. I'll have to talk to them first to see how it's bent but so far the initial research leans towards them.

Outlaw, I was one of those horror stories you read about. My problem was the roof hoop was bent 2" wider than it needed to be. I got it from Chassis Engineering. They bent me a New Halo bar at no charge and all is well now. That said, Here's a few things I learned along the way.

1) Buy it as close to home as possible to save shipping costs. They all weigh basically the same. (Heavy!!!) So Price + Shipping +Tax (if any) Should tell you where to buy it from.

2) Decide where you want the rear down tubes to go. Over the rear shocks or all the way into the trunk area. Most MFG's go to the shock area, so to the trunk is a custom legnth bar.

3) Make sure the Halo bar has 90 degree corners when you get it, makes for a much easier installation.

4) Measure like 5 times, cut once.

5) Clean all weld areas spotless, since your not allowed to grind on your welds you only get one shot at it.

6) I was able to take the main hoop and halo, tack it, then took it back outta the car to weld all the way around, Hopefully, you'll have the same luck.

7) Cover everything that you dont wan't weld splatter on.

8 ) Do any dashboard work 1st if your planning on a 10 Point or better.

9) It's a lot of work to install it, for an idea of how much.... The local shop wanted $1000 labor with the interior removed for the 10 point. Roughly 15 hours labor and they have the proper tools, do it everyday, etc. I probably have at least 20 hours into mine will probably need another 10 to finish.

Hope this helps... Happy Cutting, Grinding and Welding :headbang:

This is the Comp Engineering 6 point bar kit we put in my boys Dart last winter. We paid about $250. with shipping and tax. It's a nice kit and fit good. But of course you have to cut and fishmouth some bars to fit the way you want. Ron

146648955.jpg

Thanks to all that replied but it looks like it may now be a moot point as I was offered $18,000 + for the cuda the other day and if his financing goes thru the cage will be this guys problem. My only problem will be on deciding between a Duster- Arrow- or Colt/Hyundai for a new sub 11 sec street toy.

OUTLAW said:
Thanks to all that replied but it looks like it may now be a moot point as I was offered $18,000 + for the cuda the other day and if his financing goes thru the cage will be this guys problem. My only problem will be on deciding between a Duster- Arrow- or Colt/Hyundai for a new sub 11 sec street toy.

No Question, A fast Duster puts smiles on faces...

I used a company called Wild Rides and wasn't happy with anything about the transaction. Instructions were not readable (poor quality), customer service was terrible, plus they sent me the wrong kit. Luckily, my friend was able to make what was suppoosed to be a custom kit fit my application. Stay away from them at all cost.

-
Back