What say you, early A experts?

-
It was S GA. I had to go a little ways below Macon. I suspect that's why it isn't very rusty. Other than a little surface rust, a little in one rear footwell is all I have found.

Looks like the body is in very good condition, just sun bleached paint. Is that white the primer? Will make a great build.

It's in very good shape, other than the cobbled up stuff. The paint is some kind of white paint on the top. Given the quality of work on other things....it's probably latex house paint! I got it unloaded, but didn't have a lot of time to fool with it today. I did discover that it has a 360 in it, rather than a 273. It also has a big bolt pattern 8 1/4 under it, and the tag says 3.55 gears. Not believing it until I can jack it up and roll it around and count the turns! It's out of a B or F body, and the way they did the shock plates is hilarious! I also discovered that it wasn't originally Burgundy, it was Baby Blue. That SO ain't happening if I strip it and paint it....lol. I did get my head far enough up under the car before I took it off the trailer to try and see how bad that rear footwell was rusted. It appears there's a new die formed patch laying in there under the carpet. You can see it plain as day from under the car...lol.

left rear valance looks dented but don't think there is a notch for the square pipe, looks like a clean project though, enjoy and keep us updated.

Rear valance is slightly dented, but it definitely has the notch for the exhaust tip. It's got the code 31 on the fender tag to indicate it being a 4 bbl car also.

Rear valance is slightly dented, but it definitely has the notch for the exhaust tip. It's got the code 31 on the fender tag to indicate it being a 4 bbl car also.

Nice find!!! My wife is still miffed at me since I sold my big glass cuda, she started her tomato plants there! LOL

-
Back