What seats are these?

-

swifty

Reaction score
My 72 Swinger had these buckets in it when I bought it. Just wondering what year and what they are from? By looking at Catalogs I thinks it is a 73 Duster or Sport. My concern is that is what upholstery kit to buy? Will a 73 kit fit my stock 72 back seat? Also is there a a lot of difference in 74 and later upholstery kits? is there a place to look for a part numbering the seats? On one of the photos there is a switch under the seat if that helps with I'd.

IMG_0163.JPG

IMG_0164.JPG

IMG_0166.JPG

IMG_0134.JPG

The switch indicates 73 or 74 for the seat belt warning light. Not sure which year. The upholstery is interchangeable on years, but you might have to change foam as well. The frames are basically the same throughout I believe.

The upholstery is interchangeable on years, but you might have to change foam as well. The frames are basically the same throughout I believe.
Do you think the 72 back seat will be the same as 73,74?

Last edited:
The switch indicates 73 or 74 for the seat belt warning light. Not sure which year. The upholstery is interchangeable on years, but you might have to change foam as well. The frames are basically the same throughout I believe.
1974 was the first year of the federally mandated starter/seat belt interlock system. If I recall right, a few 1975 models got it too before they cancelled the program.

73 and 74 don't have backs do they? If you strip them down, you will be able to see if there are tabs where the 72 screws would go near the top.

-
Back