What shocks are you using?

-
i just saw you can get bilstiens for pretty much any other car for 80 a piece, and trucks are about 65. 425 for a set from firm feel really doesnt sound too good to me. how are they any bvetter than edelbrocks for 85 a shock? for a couple more bucks you can get qa1s.

I know it`s too late now but I`ve run the Monroe-matic gas filled HD shock on my cars for years and have nothing but praise for them. A lot of bang for the buck.

My Dart is in the shop getting some other things done . With idle time waiting for parts, I gave him the KYB gas adjust shocks to install. Ill post back on how they seem to be once I get the car back on the road..

I got my car back from the shop and among other things, it has 4 new KYB gas adjust shocks now. The car seems to have a nice firm ride without being harsh. I am happy with the shock so far.The original shocks made it 40 years to the day . lets see if these can go 40 lol

JamesDart- KYB's are licensed copies of Bilstein's design. The only negatives I ever experienced is a little rusting on the exterior of the tubes. On my minivan w/ 275K + on the odometer. So the set on my Valiant got a nice coat of Krylon "Corsica Blue," which will help w/the econo/sleeper vibe of the car. I've heard a couple guys say that the shocks are a little stiff at first, but lighten up after some miles. Never thought that personally!

Has anyone run with mixed shocks? Specifically a QA1 or other adjustable rear and KYB Gas Front? I was wondering if you could take advantage of the adjustment on the rear and adjust for 1/4 mile night, but then get back to street trim easy enough.

Of course if you had adjustable up front you could possibly do even more "strip tuning" but I hate the idea of plunking down the extra cabbage for QA1's all around. Am I worrying too much about this and should I just buy 4 KYB's :happy10:?

On that note... I wonder if you could really jump between strip/street with a street shock like the QA1 TC's? It's been 20 years since I made a pass in my 68 Barracuda and am just getting it back together so think I will take a refresher course on drag suspensions.

Certainly much nicer to have this group of people to bounce things off of and learn from. We existed 20 years ago but finding another local mopar-head was rare and you sure couldn't communicate like this!

blufie,how about a few pics of your car? It sounds very cool.

hey all, changing mine <knackered air jobbies that are now bent etc> for some monroe,also having leaf springs rebuilt as they have become flatter than a witches tits over the years,turns out the front spring mount has severley corroded:tongue6:but lucky enough to be able to put right with a good man down my way.also having a hurst shifter to replace my inland.....finally!!!:toothy7:eek:n a different note, car runs for half hour then ign dies,i have the popular orange box< any suggestions for msd conversion???>have anywhere between 7 and 11v going into + side of coil,it is running through ballast resistor,is this voltage too much and somthing overheating? coil ia a accel type.:-|hoping to have car back on the street in a week or so,many thanks for all the information,nathan.

-
Back