What should i do?

-

TheTecher

Evan the jeeper.
Reaction score
So I finished school 2 months ago and I'm starting an upholstery shop with a guy that I've known for a few years and is a family friend. I've been working here for a month and we haven't gotten much done. We have the sewing machine set up and ready to go but nothing else. For the ladt few days I have been making pursues with is mother. FML. I hate it and I hate it here. The guy is a reall a hole to work for and it's ruining our friend ship. He has a lot of money tied up in this and I don't think he has any left. I know that he is not paying the auto parts stores. I have been only payed $800 for a moth of work. I want to leave but I can't just walk out. I feel trapped.

speak up now. I brought a long time friend into my business last May. Hes not here anymore and we are no longer friends. Impossible to work with, didnt do what he was brought in to do and you couldnt talk to him about it without it being a fight.

If he's not paying you enough, you need to push the point, and maybe walk out on him till he treats you better. If he only has the money and you, the know how, he needs you.

Speak up, don't wait to long. I do not know if I could ever start a business with a friend. If it were established and he wanted me to work for him perhaps. Good Luck

friends and business ventures dont mix well. unless you have money invested, i would be on the hunt for something else. sounds like he isnt taking it very seriously and its about to go under anyway ......

Friends are friends and pals are pals but buddies should NEVER work together. What was your arrangement? How were you to be paid? If the deal is no longer the deal then no one should be mad if you EXPLAIN your postion and make what ever changes you need to.

Walk away. You dont need to explain. If your friends dont want you to make money, they are not your friends. He should understand

You could try this...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiZxuaDEu_c&feature=relmfu"]south park screw you guys im goin home - YouTube[/ame]

It's an engine machine shop and he thought doing upholstery would be good because nobody else close does it. This damn purse thing is his grand idea to some money quick.

Yeah but if you leave the business will go under for sure...just saying.

This is why I have little interest of starting my own business right now, for every 10 new businesses, most go under within a few years

I feel safer working for an established company that has a solid work load

Is he advertising, passing fliers around like at car meets ?

Upholstery work seems more like side business, not sure you could find enough jobs to do 40 - 60 hours a week.

If the guy is out of money and has bills pilling up, that isn't good.

The best business partners are complete opposites of each other and no interest in each other other than making money, period. Find another job and walk.

It's an engine machine shop and he thought doing upholstery would be good because nobody else close does it. This damn purse thing is his grand idea to some money quick.

Don't pi$$ him off, he may hit you with a purse.... LOL!!!

you need to have a sit down now!! with this person-- find out what is the plan-- go in with a plan of your own & maybe you 2 can work it out -if not start your search ,Lawrence

-
Back