what should my car run, with some garage pics!!

-
If it was mine, I'd put a 950HP Holley on it. The current carb will hold it back a bit. No porting to the ede's and that's more of a weight drop than performance upgrade is my guess.

It better run 10's on the bottle.

You'll be one and done with no roll bar in the car. It should run 11.20-11.50 NA and in the mid 10's on juice.

I agree about the jetting provided in the kit instructions. If the fuel jet is larger than the NOS jet, it's a rich tune. Something more square and run the fuel PSI the kit suggest will make for a cleaner tune up. Hope you are up on reading plugs and pull some timing out if using juice.

[QUOTE

[/QUOTE]

I agree, if it ran 11.6s NA before & you feel it should run faster with the up-grades (less N2o), there is no way it shouldn't be comfortablely in the 10s on a 125 shot.

How much do those '65's weigh? Can't be much...it should scoot along pretty good. :)

[QUOTE

I agree, if it ran 11.6s NA before & you feel it should run faster with the up-grades (less N2o), there is no way it shouldn't be comfortablely in the 10s on a 125 shot.[/QUOTE]

im hoping for a 10.9 pass, its just a bracket car so i wont be letting all hang out every pass just enough to shut some people up, and the lowest pill rating in the kit is 150

the car weighs 2900 with me in it and a 1/4 tank of gas

You should def be in the 10s with that setup. Good luck man and when it does put up a 10.99 I will be envious.

If it was mine, I'd put a 950HP Holley on it. The current carb will hold it back a bit. No porting to the ede's and that's more of a weight drop than performance upgrade is my guess.

You'll be one and done with no roll bar in the car. It should run 11.20-11.50 NA and in the mid 10's on juice.

I agree about the jetting provided in the kit instructions. If the fuel jet is larger than the NOS jet, it's a rich tune. Something more square and run the fuel PSI the kit suggest will make for a cleaner tune up. Hope you are up on reading plugs and pull some timing out if using juice.
x2 hope to see you at sac. soon if you need help tuning i'll help 11.40-11.20 on motor should be about right that things light

If you need a baseline to start for the nitrous check out the instructions for your kit on the NOS website...the tunes have been updated quite recently by Monte Smith and I believe under 150 shot they are now square jetted

I agree, if it ran 11.6s NA before & you feel it should run faster with the up-grades (less N2o), there is no way it shouldn't be comfortablely in the 10s on a 125 shot.

im hoping for a 10.9 pass, its just a bracket car so i wont be letting all hang out every pass just enough to shut some people up, and the lowest pill rating in the kit is 150

the car weighs 2900 with me in it and a 1/4 tank of gas[/QUOTE]

At that weight, If it runs lets say 11.4s NA, IF you get the tune right on the bottle & the runs are clean, it'll go 10.50s on the 150 pills pretty easy, you should gain a good 13-15 MPH, if you don't have a R-bar they will most likely boot you off. 8)

If you need a baseline to start for the nitrous check out the instructions for your kit on the NOS website...the tunes have been updated quite recently by Monte Smith and I believe under 150 shot they are now square jetted

Yep, you are correct. Looks like the tune ups have been squared up. Good change.

Thanks for your comments! it rained this past week so work has been put off a lil but im hoping to have it out in a week or so

-
Back