What size fits?

-

flynbyu2

Reaction score
I'd like to put some 15" Mopar Rally wheels on my 72 Duster. I want everything to fit in the wheelwells and have no issues on lock to lock turns. I also want to retain my stock springs and shocks.

With that in mind, what size tires and wheels should I get???

Search will yield better results, topic has been beat to death, seems to come up every other day. 235/60 might be that magic number.

I have 255 60 15's on the rear of my 72 (skinnys up front). They fit with tons of room to spare. As PoisonDart74 suggested, 236/60's would be a good choice if you want all 4 to be the same.

Pat

I appreciate the input, thank you!

I would like to keep all four the same for rotation purposes.

I'll try another search on here.

I posted this on here a couple of weeks ago in another thread; I have found with 235/60s (TAs) on stock 15/7s (cop car wheels in my case) mounted to a Duster (Valiants/Scamps use the same front fenders), you need to trim the the corners back (roughly at a 45) on the flat flange ahead of the front fender wheel openings and roll the wheel lip up where the rear of the tire can contact it at certain times under full steering lock. A friend running 215s on the same wheels doesn't seem to have the same difficulties. 225s might clear also, depending the brand.
All in all, even the 235s are quite do-able, I have been running mine for several years.

-
Back