What size now?

-

Kevin D.

Reaction score
I have moved the springs in 3 inches with the shackles and hangers.What size tires can I safely run now with 7 inch stock wheels on my 69 dart?Thanks Kevin.

Did you mini tub it ? You cant go very wide on a 7" rim and if the wheel wells were stretch you did gain that much. Maybe another inch tops.

I know guys that run a 325-50-15 or 28X13.5 on a 15X10 rim with mini tubbed cars. Other wise in the stock wheel well you should be able to stuff a 275-60-15 in it at the most. I measured a 255-60-15 fitting perfect in the stock wheel wells on a 15X8 rim with 5" back spacing after moving the springs.

Adams right, unless it's mini tubbed then you get aprox: 3/4" of extra space with a leaf spring relocator kit.

JAson

most tire shops wouldnt even mount a tire more than 8" wide on those rims. theyre kinda picky anymore, liability wise. im running 275-50-15s on 10" rims with a mini tub and relocated springs and a narrowed rearend. the work isnt that hard to do but it takes some planning and some $$$$, but the fat boys out back do look cool.

No mini tub just stock! What are some of you guys running for tires with this set up.Thanks Kevin.

-
Back